Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

10 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

....nearing NICSO waypoint (St. John's, New Brunswick, Canada)

Mine crashed 42nm from RIKAL which put me right on the Domestic/Oceanic FIR line. RIKAL is north NISCO but the trend here is that it looks like we may all be getting our crashes right on this FIR line. Possibility?

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

37 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

Mine crashed 42nm from RIKAL which put me right on the Domestic/Oceanic FIR line. RIKAL is north NISCO but the trend here is that it looks like we may all be getting our crashes right on this FIR line. Possibility?

Hmm. That seems a bit odd, but you might be onto something. I can't seem to reproduce the CTD anymore, but I checked what I wrote awhile back and it looks like my CTD was 40nm before JOOPY. If PFPX is accurate, that seems to be on the FIR line as well. 

I combed through this entire topic and took note of all the navaids and what distances from them that people were having crashes. I placed all of the "crash waypoints" as we'll call them, into SkyVector. A trend is starting to show up, and it appears that mostly everyone are having the crashes shortly before the exit fix for the NAT tracks. All of which is happening in a very close proximity to the Oceanic FIR line.

So if you want my two cents, I don't think it really is dependant on any add-ons or this or that, we've all tried many many variables and to me it seems that the crashes still happen at random times whether something is turned on or off or uninstalled or not. Sometimes we make it through this dreaded area, sometimes we don't, it's a roll of the dice.

lTChcD-KnZUKbsdDGraup4AhwQ4_2n_wansKmY81

Edited by PWJT8D
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

13 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Weighing back in here, because I just had a crash for the first time in a while.

iFly 747, P3D 4.1, EHAM - KJFK nearing NICSO waypoint (St. John's, New Brunswick, Canada)

AS16, GSX.

Prepar3D.exe Stopped working 2018-03-10 8:04:10 PM All Users 0xc0000374 A heap has been corrupted.
  StackHash_f04d 10.0.15063.608 C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe 43,732 C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_f5e3c1d19af3fe713e973c3db98d520676f60be_911d388a_1f48d222\Report.wer 

Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=131652038505043012
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=131652038508030968
ReportStatus=268435456
ReportIdentifier=a05b3ec1-463e-4950-a268-212e4d369d98
IntegratorReportIdentifier=b684dc38-87b9-4c3c-a9c3-a38ba1f8f393
Wow64Host=34404
NsAppName=Prepar3D.exe
AppSessionGuid=00001f04-0001-0089-c44c-b72bbfb8d301
TargetAppId=W:0000f0e3cd7a622a9f58f96eda9e904fcd8500000904!0000fe4ba4844cdbd482c25c2fa58f1644d0a18615dd!Prepar3D.exe
TargetAppVer=2017//10//05:18:48:53!2d051c!Prepar3D.exe
BootId=4294967295
TargetAsId=578
Response.BucketId=bd5a8edef405bd159539cecb81fe1d73
Response.BucketTable=4
Response.LegacyBucketId=120849805614
Response.type=4

It occurred to me that I had been Restarting COUATL after every pushback (someone had suggested it once, so I made it practice to do - forgot this time). I wonder if that would have prevented this one?

- Daniel

Do you have any ORBX products installed?

8 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I combed through this entire topic and took note of all the navaids and what distances from them that people were having crashes. I placed all of the "crash waypoints" as we'll call them, into SkyVector. A trend is starting to show up, and it appears that mostly everyone are having the crashes shortly before the exit fix for the NAT tracks. All of which is happening in a very close proximity to the Oceanic FIR line.

So if you want my two cents, I don't think it really is dependant on any add-ons or this or that, we've all tried many many variables and to me it seems that the crashes still happen at random times whether something is turned on or off or uninstalled or not. Sometimes we make it through this dreaded area, sometimes we don't, it's a roll of the dice.

lTChcD-KnZUKbsdDGraup4AhwQ4_2n_wansKmY81

So far no one has experienced the crash without couatl running. If someone comes up saying they had the crash without coautl then we can 100% be sure it’s as arbitrary as simming CTDs get. But not yet...

So what does one do to "disable" couatl? I see in the Add-ons dropdown menu under Couatl Settings that I can restart couatl or restart and rebuilt the airpor cache. 

I simply killed it in Taskmanager and I am on my way from EDDF to KSFO now.

3 hours ago, Bardia said:

So far no one has experienced the crash without couatl running. If someone comes up saying they had the crash without coautl then we can 100% be sure it’s as arbitrary as simming CTDs get. But not yet...

I think you guys are doing amazing work.  My fear is even if you did 1000 flights with no CTD with coutl off and 1000 CTD flights with coutl on you will never ever ever get umberto and elaine+Rob etc etc to admit theres an issue. Never.  Umberto will blame LM and in turn LM will feed you a line long the line of "only some people have this issue, try deleting your P3D. Cfg and delete your shaders. 

But they won't admit there's an issue because it's only effecting some people.  

Like I said though you guys are doing an amazing job.  It seems to be coutl,  that's the issue, why... Who knows maybe all the abp and afcads that orbx Vector has. 

I don't think the fir line has much to do with it, I think when you reach that fir line it has to load up coast line and all those trees, afcads  autogen houses etc etc and that's where the problem arises. 

But if you think youre going get fsdreamteam,orbx and LM in a room to really spend alot of hours on fixing it your wrong. 

Same way In a big Company you raise a ticket for a new mouse or keyboard because you broke it by spilling coffee on it the IT guy will be over like a rocket.  Its a simple ticket to close. 

You ask the same IT guy to fix the awful citrix issues on the network or install the latest flash or pdf reader on your pc, he will duck and dive you for weeks and if you ever dared put forward citrix is rubbish and not good for heavy data and multiple users they will just ignore you. 

This will be the outcome, time is money. They won't fix it 

14ppkc-6.png

53 minutes ago, tooting said:

But they won't admit there's an issue because it's only effecting some people.  

yea I won't hold my breath....I was once told to reinstall windows to fix the problem.  Still laughing at that one.

55 minutes ago, tooting said:

Like I said though you guys are doing an amazing job.  It seems to be coutl,  that's the issue, why... Who knows maybe all the abp and afcads that orbx Vector has. 

If it wasn't for Eric, Kyle, and Zinnertek bringing up couatl as a possible cause, I would have never wasted 2 vacation days to actually test the theory, so thanks guys.

Hopefully, it is a "fix" for everyone.

Did one more flight last night with HOIST FP/Couatl off at 1x just to be sure....landed about 20 minutes ago.

There is a conflict somewhere, is it couatl's fault? Is it Vector?  Is it something else we hadn't thought of? A combination?  Can't really answer that until someone with much more technical knowledge than me can say for sure.

What I do know is killing couatl in task manager works for me.

Now we need more tests from others to confirm my findings.

8 minutes ago, nazethc said:

yea I won't hold my breath....I was once told to reinstall windows to fix the problem.  Still laughing at that one.

If it wasn't for Eric, Kyle, and Zinnertek bringing up couatl as a possible cause, I would have never wasted 2 vacation days to actually test the theory, so thanks guys.

Hopefully, it is a "fix" for everyone.

Did one more flight last night with HOIST FP/Couatl off at 1x just to be sure....landed about 20 minutes ago.

There is a conflict somewhere, is it couatl's fault? Is it Vector?  Is it something else we hadn't thought of? A combination?  Can't really answer that until someone with much more technical knowledge than me can say for sure.

What I do know is killing couatl in task manager works for me.

Now we need more tests from others to confirm my findings.

You're welcome. don't know if it is the root cause or if it is actually resetting something internally, who knows. All I know is as long as I restart coualt prior to my flights, I don't get this CTD anymore.

Eric 

10 minutes ago, B777ER said:

. All I know is as long as I restart coualt prior to my flights, I don't get this CTD anymore.

Hmm i never tried to just restart couatl and try the flight.  Going to test that later.  So basically what you do is use gsx at the departure airport, and then reset it before departure thru the P3d menu?

5 hours ago, Bardia said:

Do you have any ORBX products installed?

No, none at all.

- Daniel

How many people who get the CTD with couatl running (or not restarting it), have tried running without Active Sky? The flights I ran Friday/Saturday, I ran without AS and didn't CTD. I haven't had a chance to try it with AS to see what happens, but I'll start one soon.

25 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

No, none at all.

- Daniel

Now this should clear up a lot of confusion. A CTD without a single ORBX product installed. I’m convinced it’s couatl messing stuff up in isolation.

13 minutes ago, Chaos81 said:

How many people who get the CTD with couatl running (or not restarting it), have tried running without Active Sky? The flights I ran Friday/Saturday, I ran without AS and didn't CTD. I haven't had a chance to try it with AS to see what happens, but I'll start one soon.

Active Sky was eliminated a few pages earlier, someone got the CTD without it running.