Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

3 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

I think this timezone theory has merit.  The conditions you describe - westbound and over this area, are CONSISTENT causes for me.  I'm using FSRealTime as well.  Just picked up this Simelite time zone fixer hoping that it might help.

In FSX I had memory leaks going eastbound over Canada, and west bound in P3D had a freeze near CYYT. I stopped using fsrealtime's time zone fixes. I am thinking about buying SimElite time zone fixer, let us know if it works for you.

I haven't tested it yet.  

My thing in P3D is long haul.  With 64-bit and the PMDG 777F and 747F, I have my dreams just about all come true.   BUT, these CTD/StackHash errors are the worst.  I have completely reinstalled 3 times this year.  I can't do that anymore.  I run most of the usual stuff: PMDG aircraft, FSDT/GSX, FlyTampa, Flightbeam, Aerosoft and LatinVFR sceneries (big airports for cargo flying).  I use ActiveSky, Envtex, Orbx Global and LC (I don't bother with vector anymore   - too many hassles), FSUIPC, etc.

Transatlantic is the name of the game as that is the best long haul option in the game for many reasons.  I like 8-12 hour flights.  They are never done in accelerated time.  However, I am an "overnight" flyer who will happily go to sleep and wake up for ToD.

It used to be OOM, and now this.  It's always something.

F R U S T R A T E D.

Caveat: I've followed all CTD and troubleshooting guides from AVSIM, PMDG, LM and what not.  I am not reinstalling.

I do suspect either the TimeZone or Couatl problems.  I wish we had more uniformity in how developers interact with the sim.  I continue to use FSDT's stuff because they focus on important Cargo airports and because GSX is peerless since AES seems to have no intentions of moving to P3D (there goes all of that money).

I went for MONTHS late last year with none of this nonsense.  Since 4.1 and 4.2 this is more frequent.

However, I am with the rest of you, this area, with the PMDG planes, has been dicey for many years.

I will try this reset couatl business as well.

Thanks.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Morning everyone!

I got a "P3D has stopped working" message a few miles away from EPLED in Canada.  I was doing PR119 CYYZ-RPLL.  PMDG 777 w/ all the "goodies".  Could this be similar?  I am running the ship AI too & Navigraph's Simlink & charts.

Thanks!

PS-How do you "reset" couatl

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

It is not a reset, so to speak.  Before taking off, go into task manager and end couatl.exe. If you only restart couatl from p3d, you will crash.

30 minutes ago, nazethc said:

It is not a reset, so to speak.  Before taking off, go into task manager and end couatl.exe. If you only restart couatl from p3d, you will crash.

Thank you.  But what is the proper sequence to end couatl if you want to use it before and after the flight - meaning I want to use GSX at the airport.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

You can use it at departure airport. But once you end it in task manager you will not have ground services at the arrival airport.  It sucks, but better than a crash 8 hours into a flight.

Edited by nazethc
spelling...derp

Believe the timezones was ruled out as people where getting the CTD with and without fs real-time running. 

The variable was and is coutl.  Nice and simple if you kill it, no CTD. 

Although as I've said continuously both Umberto and LM know about it. But LM wont do Jack because it's not 'their product' and there's no evidence to say that coutl is conflicting with P3D. It could be Conflicted with something else. And if  you insinuate theres anything wrong or negative with P3D the mods (who work for LM) will ban you for 'trolling'  for being a paying customer with an opinion and a complaint.

Why they just don't work with Umberto to iron out the issue is incredibly frustrating,  but in reality no one wants to be liable and accountable for the CTD. Simple as that, it harms sales for both LM and Umberto. 

But 19 pages on I'm 99% its coutl. it's been done to death, but WHAT the conflict is between coutl and WHAT is the mystery.  

I think its either loading of a ton of autogen when you get close to the landmass or a hookey afcad somewhere 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

The two things just said that my long experience does bear out are the following:

1) Janky AFCADs WILL cause trouble - always.

2) It would be a false statement to say that Coautl has been trouble-free over the years.

In fact, every time I run the FSDT Live Update utility (every flight more or less), I cross my fingers.  

• Like 1

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Don’t forget as well, killing Couatl will also make certain sceneries disappear too.

• Like 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

1 hour ago, CaptKornDog said:

Don’t forget as well, killing Couatl will also make certain sceneries disappear too.

That's the hit we have to take when no one wants to step up and fix the problem.  

3 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Yeah I forgot that part until I arrived at a non-existent YVR.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Yeah I forgot that part until I arrived at a non-existent YVR.

Save the flight before TOD.  Restart P3D loading the previously saved scenario and ensure you have couatl running (it appears in the addon menu), continue your flight.

Dan Downs KCRP

Can't the process be restarted while the sim is running? At TOD or so...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Thanks to whoever figured this one out - I've never been able to complete a westbound transatlantic flight because of this, and I've just flown EHAM - KATL over Newfoundland without a hiccup! I simply force closed couatl.exe using the task manager after GSX pushed me back.

4 hours ago, downscc said:

Save the flight before TOD.  Restart P3D loading the previously saved scenario and ensure you have couatl running (it appears in the addon menu), continue your flight.

Thanks, I tend to have a mixed bag of luck restoring saved flights with PMDG aircraft, but definitely worth another shot.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU