Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

Lukla?

Anyone tried this yet? It looks pretty impressive. I remember trying to create my own Lukla with FSSE LOL but it doesn't compare to this. Just curious if anyone has any feedback yet?Looking forward to good or bad reviews,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I was looking at it...but where are you going to fly from there (Lukla) to?Wish they had Katmandu too along with it.Or if someone had done N.Delhi airport or something.. then I can fly back and forth between these two airports.But if you like flying very local...like chopper operation or something.. it may be interesting to fly in bad weather and land there.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I just want to see the one guy fly a Piaggio Avanti into VNLK.As far as where to fly to - VQPR - right guys !!!

Tours of the Himalayas... LOL. I think they did include two additional airfields. It really does looks impressive though, I might cave this weekend and give it a whirl, I will let you know... I just love the fact of possibly flying off a runway that isn't completely flat in FS ;)Thanks guys,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest JIMJAM

I would love the challenge but just do not want to pay that much to try it. Knowing me, I would spend a couple hours trying to squeeze into that strip with all my planes then run out of things to do and never go back. If there were maybe 3 or 4 more strips nearby even if they were imaginary, I could set up a fscargo area but as is there isnt enough to do.

Reggie,My thoughts exactly! LonelyPlanetXO, stand up and take a bow...Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

>I was looking at it...but where are you going to fly from>there (Lukla) to?Well, there are two more airfields included plus a provisional helipad. All in all the following airfields are included:LuklaSyngbochePhapluMt. Everest Basecamp (helipad)Sasa

Guest Dakota

I see the Runway that is not flat. That is the first time I have seen that in FS. Wonder how well that works for landing on.

>I see the Runway that is not flat. That is the first time I>have seen that in FS. Wonder how well that works for landing>on.It's been done a couple of times before, and it's every bit as hard to land on as you'd expect; certainly much more challenging than a flat runway, and with the added "bonus" of being at nearly 10,000ft as well. It's definitely not an airport for the faint-hearted, or for anyone who doesn't want to scratch their airplane. It's a load of fun though, IMHO.thanks,

I think its great! I have always enjoyed flying in that area, especially with the challenge that a lot of the airpors offer. Lukla is a real trip, my first flight there was with the Carenado 210, was able to get off the runway, but couldn't maintain much altitude and ultimately ended up doing a nose dive down into the canyons below.

Searched flightlevel350.com for a video and indeed found one which shows a twin (Twin Otter?) where the pilot seems to start #2 right at the moment the takeoff roll down the hill begins!Sometimes such videos remind me of crazy taxi drivers...Andreas

Well, I've had about 15 landing attempts in a Twin Otter so far with only two successes amidst clouds of dust and burning rubber.A few other times I landed but then couldn't stop in time and hit the end wall....it's cominatchya real fast ...ROFLThere's more twisted metal here than at any other airport I've been at including Saba and St. Barts.What's more there are "spectators" standing watching all this carnage.The trick is to try and land in the (small) touchdown zone else your plane goes through the runway.Terrific fun.As soon as I become an expert at landing here I'll be opening up a new regular route to and from Katmandhu :-)Even if you never manage to land it's a beautiful scenery to fly past in :-)I think it's one of those you got to have just to say that at least you tried.P

Guest JIMJAM

Yeah falling through the runway and having the nose gear and main sinking is a major problem. I will give them credit for at least trying it.

The answer lay in the aircraft. I switched from the Twotter to the excellent freeware C210 (Filename c210pt.zip here at Avsim) and never looked back.Scheduled services start tomorrow :-)P.