Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

♫ The Nearness of You. ♫

Starting at Oshkosh there are 3 landings to make, the last being Oshkosh! The first airport is Shiocton which we will overfly. Our first landing is Austin Straubel Intl. If you've been concentrating you'll be ready for a break!
KMTW is another overfly. The second landing is at Sheboygan Co Meml. Final leg is a short one of about 46nm back to Oshkosh.

Please select your preference for flying on the left or right of the leader. He will be in Tango1. Even numbered aircraft on the LEFT of the leader and odd numbered aircraft on the RIGHT of the leader.

Whoever elects to be number one will simply have to follow the flight plan and make gentle, wide as possible turns and call out the upcoming turns and approaches etc.

In the T-6 RTW Formation Team skin pack there are 5 separate skins. Shout me before Friday if there's going to be more than five of us, then I can knock out a couple of extras.

Don't expect this jaunt to be high quality formation flying. If we can keep withing shouting distance it'll be great. Every so often you'll be flying in very close company and you'll feel like a pro! IT WON'T LAST!

Scenery: Orbx Global will suffice. You won't be gawping at very much anyway!

Weather: OK, I'm a devout 'Real Weather' man, but in this instance Orbx 'Fine weather' will be more than suitable as will the summer season. We want to be able to see each other....However far away we stray! :biggrin:

We will take off from runway 09

Aircraft: A2A T-6 Texans

Particulars:

Flight Plan(if you have a GTN installed you'll have to work it out for yourself) HERE

Date and time: Saturday December 23, 2017, 19:00 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Boy, did I pick a good time to be away...  :cool:

I look forward to the stories,  when I return....

Enjoy guys !!

Bert

1 hour ago, Stoley said:

Looking forward to this. Just a question do i need a mic?

It would help, if you want us to hear what you have to say. :smile:

well honestly im just gonna not talk and follow orders cuz im not a person that likes speaking

Mmm, verbal communication is a very important part of formation flying, indeed, any flying. For instance, if you get an 'order' how will we know you've understood it and will comply? It comes in handy in life as well.

For eye-candy mavens, you might like this FSX scenery for Green Bay (KGRB) by Anthony Cacciatore (Catchman86). The file is available at OZx here. To get the lighting, he suggests you add Jim Dhaenens file "Lightstoo!" (lightstoo.zip) at FlightSim.com here.

This scenery is not necessary in any way. However, if we are visiting the home of one of our squadron, then we ought to do the best by him. And, fittingly, the scenery includes what looks to be a fine replication of Lambeau Field, the local temple of worship. We'll have to see what our local expert thinks.

We might want to buzz Lambeau Field to wish the team well. The Packers play the rival Vikings here later Saturday night.

(Caution, this is a large download, about 416mb. The scenery is freeware, not payware, quality. And the photoreal color blending is does not truly match the Orbx palette. You do want to turn off crash detection. But, overall, to my untutored eye, it works well enough.)

• Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

3 minutes ago, MM said:

Caution, this is a large download, about 416mb. The scenery is freeware, not payware, quality. And the photoreal color blending is does not truly match the Orbx palette. You do want to turn off crash detection. But, overall, to my untutored eye, it works well enough.)

You are a silver tongued devil! I bet you were in sales before becoming a Professor. :wink:

Aww Mike... Thanks!

4 hours ago, MM said:

However, if we are visiting the home of one of our squadron, then we ought to do the best by him. And, fittingly, the scenery includes what looks to be a fine replication of Lambeau Field, the local temple of worship. We'll have to see what our local expert thinks.

It is an excellent rendition of the whole west side of GB also including the far NE corner which includes Bay Beach (amusement park) & the yacht harbor. Lambeau field was done really well IMO. Worlds better than nothing I do say.. Plus it is a great visual reference coming in on BC rwy 24. 

Cool story on getting the scenery. It was released in 2011. It wasn't until 2013 (Capetown) or '14 (Sochi) when Bry & I stayed up much longer than anyone else after winning the RTWR.. He mentioned it to me that morning. A recommendation from all the way across the pond! :biggrin: I would've never have found it.  

I plan on uploading a "little" (yeah right!) dossier later this eve. 
Don't expect -

Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant

"They took twenty-seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles
and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one was, to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to
mention the aerial photography."

But, just maybe you might..

Anyhow there is nothing really pertaining to the flight except 1 NOTAM, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. (No, it is not the upcoming Stadium TFR)
---> Here

Back to page 27 of the dossier. :blink: 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Here ya go.. A little late. No worries, will not affect today's flight.
A little large too, but, "Oh, but there's so much more!"  
We''ll never fly here (other than formation) because of the awesome terrain (LOL! :laugh:) , so included extensive history & the great aviation presence around the area.  
Cya later!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Wow, that is lot to read! Thanks Roman!

• Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider