Sign in to follow this  
klamal

New build advice requested please

9 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yep - when I replaced ALL my fans (not Corsair) with Noctua models - the overall noise level went from somewhat obnoxious to imperceptible - I'm a huge fan...

:tongue:

Regards,
Scott

You're a fan of a fan!  :laugh:

This is good info, I may replace the Corsair fans with the Noctuas on this new h100i v2.  I'm really curious about this NZXT S340 Elite's fans...curious as to how loud they will be.  The only one I'm keeping is the top fan though.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 hours ago, klamal said:

Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of.  Is there any way to know this up front?  Anyone else that has done this replacement know for sure which model Noctua will work?

The NF-A14 will definitely fit. It's a standard 140 fan with a standard 140 frame. That would be my choice. 

For the NF-A15 fans, The dimensions are here...

https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a15-pwm/specification

Your AIO dimensions and case dimensions you can source I'm sure.

There wouldn't be a big difference, if any, in terms of temp between the two. And given that the NF-A15 is a round, 150 fan, and would overlap your AIO, a bit pointless to go for that. 

10 hours ago, Mace said:

You're a fan of a fan!  :laugh:

This is good info, I may replace the Corsair fans with the Noctuas on this new h100i v2.  I'm really curious about this NZXT S340 Elite's fans...curious as to how loud they will be.  The only one I'm keeping is the top fan though.

I recently built a Mini ITX rig for my daughter and went for the H100i V2. 

I opted for Noctua NF-F12 Focused Flow fans. 

Great results, cools great and quiet.