Sign in to follow this  
LouP

It looks like ORBX may be on to a new business model

Well this is certainly a 180 from what I heard talking to the ORBX guys at Flightsim con this past summer.  It looks like they intend to start charging for updates to their products.  Unlike in the past when they were all pushed out through FTX Central.  Read the correspondence below.  I am actually a little shocked and yes I'm stupid for what I did.

[Removed} 

Edited by Poppet
Removed personal Information, Home address ect ect

First, you might want to delete some of that personally identifiable / order information.  Secondly, YMMLv3 is indeed a huge update to the original 8-year-old version.  Orbx announced it as such and gave an initial upgrade price of $9.99 AUD.  After a set amount of days, it went to full price for everyone.

• Upvote 1

It looks as if this is a major upgrade rather than just an update. What the support guy is saying to you is that this is a new product and priced as such. From reading the blurb on the Orbx site, it looks as if they've done enough to it to justify taking that stance. There's no harm in chancing your arm and asking for the refund of course and I might well have done so myself, but it's a bit of jump from that to what you're suggesting above.

19 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

First, you might want to delete some of that personally identifiable / order information.  Secondly, YMMLv3 is indeed a huge update to the original 8-year-old version.  Orbx announced it as such and gave an initial upgrade price of $9.99 AUD.  After a set amount of days, it went to full price for everyone.

If that's true, why did I already have it installed.  Nice cover up.  Also, 9.99 plus what I paid for it would put it at more money that it cost to a new customer.

LouP

Loup

I have removed your personal Information like your home address and so,  Please don't do that again.

I have also removed the name of the member of Orbx Staff you were corresponding with as this person is not here to defend themselves and the stance that was taken. 

Orbx don't do refunds, full stop,  they make this very clear.

You have had your Vent now and we both know the road this Topic will go down and for that reason

Topic locked 

• Upvote 2