Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Active Sky Cloud Art or REX

20 minutes ago, pracines said:

All this speculation of skyforce is based on the usual exaggerated marketing that rex is famous for and the folks who fall for it ...

Plus Active sky products load so much faster, and personally I cannot tell when a weather update is happening; a totally natural environment, none of the sudden overcast or clouds disappearing suddenly, like rex stuff...

Paul, 

I concur with your skepticism and outright rejection about claims of "3D Clouds etc." But let's hope for the best; when there is a will, there is a way :) And yes, relative to all the other weather "engines" I've been using (mainly Xenviro for XP11), AS runs very smooth and doesn't seem to be having a major performance impact. No wonder a lot of XP11 simmers have expressed interest in the product migrating to their "side" :)

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

22 hours ago, ssair1 said:

Paul, 

I concur with your skepticism and outright rejection about claims of "3D Clouds etc." But let's hope for the best; when there is a will, there is a way :) And yes, relative to all the other weather "engines" I've been using (mainly Xenviro for XP11), AS runs very smooth and doesn't seem to be having a major performance impact. No wonder a lot of XP11 simmers have expressed interest in the product migrating to their "side" :)

Yes, you are correct to hope for the best. I truly do hope rex does succeed.

If you own any REX product then wait for Sky Force 3D like I do. REX Sky Force 3D works with other REX add-ons for the best result. the existing REX customers are also eligible to a discount offer of Sky Force 3D.

However, if you don't own any REX product and you want a texture replacement tool to work with a weather engine then stick with things you have, Active Sky + Cloud Art + Envtex integrates with each other, and it's recommend by its developer.

The differences are:

REX4 Texture Direct is a texture replacement add-on, it has similar functionalities with Envtex and allows you to install new cloud, water, sky, grass, airport ground textures

REX Sky Force 3D is an environmental immersion add-on and a weather engine, it has similar functionalities with HiFi's Active Sky + Cloud Art. However, Sky Force 3D has more features to offer. 

I recommend you to read the introduction of each developer's products carefully to know which option is the best for you.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Well, at the end of the day the combo will win which comes closest to the real world, while not compromising performance. I look forward to read the reports about REX Skyforce once released.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR