Sign in to follow this  
Spike1950

f-18 engines shutting down within minutes

I just did a search and didn't find anything related to this so I'm posting here now.    

Using FSX Acceleration.  Never had problem flying the F-18 before.  Did a full flight two nights ago without problems, but ever since when I try to fly it within minutes after starting the engines they both shut down.   (this can happen while just sitting on the ground, taxiing, in flight)  There is adequate fuel, no "failures" have been chosen in settings.   I'm at a loss to figure out why this is happening.  

Can anyone help me correct this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

There is a tendency for the sim to load the settings from the default flight when one loads another aircraft, perhaps you could try to load the flight by setting up the scenario in the free flight menu .

Best CJ

Thanks CJ......      I tried all of that to no avail.

I JUST DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM a few minutes ago with the help of Greg Sanderson (from Jetline Sytems... who built my computer).   It turns out that one of the mixture lever controls on my CHProducts Throttle Quadrant had developed a bad potentiometer which was periodically causing a spike in the signal to the sim, causing a full lean with subsequent engine shutoff in my C172.  Since the F-18 wouldn't involve a mixture control, the errant signal spike that the mixture control was sending out served to shut off the fuel.

So.... I disconnected that throttle quadrant and flew both the C172 (using the throttle lever and mixture controls on the top of my CH Flightsim yoke) and the F-18 (using only that throttle lever) and both planes kept their engines running fine.

Bottom Line:  I need to look for a new CHThrottleQuadrant for XMAS.

Mike