Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch X-Plane v2.4.12 Released

Hi trmii, this is an interesting finding and I'm wondering if this is a XP11.1+ bug, or an XP11.1 SDK bug, or just an RXP implementation and use of the SDK bug. It will be hard to further test this over the coming days due to the holiday season, but this is worth investigating more and I thank you in advance for your enduring patience. We might come up with special 'test' builds for you to test by then.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

6 hours ago, trmii said:

I was able to get the GTN to work by reducing my configuration to a single monitor.  The I added the other monitors with no problem  Changed the XP Main to a secondary monitor --> broken.   It looks like the XPlane Main monitor and the Windows 10 Primary monitor must be the same for the mouse clicks to been seen?

trmii...you are right--and very smart--- multi monitors don't like the GTN series if the main monitor is NOT your windows 10 monitor. Thanks for the early Christmas present!  :)

I removed all plugins but still the same problem - GTN works only if X-Plane is in windowed mode (in "Full screen simulator" the GTN does not respond to mouse clicks). Luckily Flyinside XP works in windowed mode so I´m able to use the GTN 750 in VR as a window inside VR. Works very well there!

Got an i7 6700 (16 gig RAM) and GTX 1080 with Nvidia drivers 388.71. 

Everyone....I spent the day figuring out my issues. First, I use 3 separate monitors. Sometimes I do use all 3 in XP for full surround visuals. BUT, if I am only flying on 1 monitor, it MUST be the main monitor in XP and the #1 monitor in windows 10. Once I got this, all is fine. So, apparently Windows 10, XP11 & GTN need to learn to play nice together. :)..so for multi monitor set-ups, XP11=Main Monitor & Windows 10=#1 monitor in setup. 

Jean-Luc, thanks for your patience and wonderful support and thank you my friend for an absolute magical add-on to the sim. I am a RW pilot and this just makes my training that much more precise. Happy New year and keep up the great work in 2018.

• Upvote 1

Could anyone that uses VR confirm if one can interact with the RXP panels using the Touch Controllers in Native VR?

Thanks

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I have not had the chance to try the beta version of X-Planes native VR since I do not own the Rift touch controllers. However, the following quote from Ben Supnik seems to imply that you cannot use RXP panels inside VR at this stage of the beta.

"We currently do not support external apps and windows. Sorry, you cannot watch The Patent Scam while flying your 737 in VR.  We do realize how useful it would be to have external windows but this will require more investigation." ( https://developer.x-plane.com/2017/12/x-plane-public-vr-preview-released/).

When not flying in VR (with Flyinside) I use my 4 monitor setup. Three monitors for external visuals and one for avionics (my main computer runs two external view monitors and the avionics monitor + a networked computer for 3rd external view monitor ). The avionics monitor is a touch screen and I was planning to use the GTN 750 on this monitor. But, as far as I have been able to figure out, I cannot use the touch screen functionality unless it is the main monitor in my setup (I dont know is this a Windows 10 restriction or something to do with the monitor itself). So XP 11 cannot be the main monitor in this setup.

So hopefully a solution will emerge that will enable me to use the GTN on my touch screen monitor. I am able to use the X-Plane native 530&G1000 on my touch screen, so a solution seems possible. The 530&G1000 are not ideal when using them on a touch screen whereas operating the GTN 750 on a touch screen would be as real as it gets.

Thanks dvlourie, Jean-Luc & others for your efforts. I think we are getting closer to a final solution step by step.

Thank you all for your feedback. Multimonitor and popout windows support just came in the latest XPlane SDK and there might be some more work to do on our end for supporting the various configurations, or it might be an SDK limitation as well.

We have a hard time during the holiday season to fully investigate, but I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this. I'm quite excited with all the things you are doing with our products though!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I only use X-Plane in VR (native VR release) so I was wondering if I can use GN 750 in VR with controller or mouse?  Thanks in advance!

Not yet. VR2 should be release any time now and it will have mouse support. Currently, if you have the Rift, you can interact with the GTN by bringing up your desktop view and tapping on the 2D window of the GTN. 

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus