Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch FltSim v2.4.12 Released

Hi, I'm pleased to announce v2.4.12 is now released!

It is available either via Settings Panel | Check Updates... or directly from our web site.

In this update:

• Fixed: Shadin Air Data Computer (Air Temperatures).
  • Fixed: Map Wind Vector Speed and Direction.
  • Fixed: Simulator locked to GPS when using radios-less devices (625,635,725).
  • Other: Preliminary Internal Support for Reality XP G600/500.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks you for this update Jean-Luc

Nice, G600 is coming... :p (Don't forget to take a rest during christmas with your family ;)

• Upvote 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

I keep trying to get the Settings Panel menu for the 750 to pop up by shift (and even ctrl) clicking the click spots on the unit.  Haven't gotten it to pop up yet.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

@nirgal76 thank you; enjoy every moments with yours too.

@Gregg_Seipp it is only SHIFT+right click, either on the top bezel edge above the screen, or roughly on the top 1/6 of the screen when 'nobezel'.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

6 minutes ago, RXP said:

@nirgal76 thank you; enjoy every moments with yours too.

@Gregg_Seipp it is only SHIFT+right click, either on the top bezel edge above the screen, or roughly on the top 1/6 of the screen when 'nobezel'.

Yeah, I thought it was Shift Right Click.  I'll try again when I can.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thank you for the update!

I`m still having some problems with the fuel flow meter in the utilities page reading higher values than the ones indicated in the airplane`s fuel flow gauge. 

@Leanscrush Have you made sure to properly set the fuel type in the Settings panel?

2 hours ago, RXP said:

@Leanscrush Have you made sure to properly set the fuel type in the Settings panel?

Yes! Both on the settings panel regarding the fuel type and on the GTN itself regarding the measurement unit. I`m getting roughly 20% more fuel flow on the GTN.

All in all, the fuel values (like Quantity and Flow) are just read from the FltSim SDK simvars. The only operation going on is conversion from/to weight/volume when necessary, all based on fuel density, using the actual internal GTN (or GNS) fuel density tables to match the Garmin readout values.

I'd suggest you compare the readouts with a default aircraft first, like the B58, and validate the values. It is possible third party aircraft 'trick' the underlying FltSim engines to make their readouts closer to expected, at the expense of false underlying simvar readouts. It also possible there is a discrepancy (or a bug) in our code when doing the conversions (hence the suggested test above), or in theirs (reading simvars with non matching units for example, or interpreting the simvar values wrongfully).

On 12/21/2017 at 8:15 AM, Gregg_Seipp said:

I keep trying to get the Settings Panel menu for the 750 to pop up by shift (and even ctrl) clicking the click spots on the unit.  Haven't gotten it to pop up yet.

Gregg. In a couple of aircraft where I have mine or another user's custom panel I have to look for the mouse pointer to change to a pointed finger in the margins between the top selectors, such as between "Audio Panel" and 'Mic".  The plane that comes to mind is the TDv2.  I also happen to be using popright= to toggle my pop up in that model and occasionally it will pop up both the Setup and my gauge pop up.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, RXP said:

All in all, the fuel values (like Quantity and Flow) are just read from the FltSim SDK simvars. The only operation going on is conversion from/to weight/volume when necessary, all based on fuel density, using the actual internal GTN (or GNS) fuel density tables to match the Garmin readout values.

I'd suggest you compare the readouts with a default aircraft first, like the B58, and validate the values. It is possible third party aircraft 'trick' the underlying FltSim engines to make their readouts closer to expected, at the expense of false underlying simvar readouts. It also possible there is a discrepancy (or a bug) in our code when doing the conversions (hence the suggested test above), or in theirs (reading simvars with non matching units for example, or interpreting the simvar values wrongfully).

I tried with the default baron, but still having the same problem. 

pybQLel.jpg

• Upvote 1

@Leanscrush This looks like more than 20% difference! What simulator is this? I'll cross check something.

@Leanscrush ok the bug is identified and I'm sorry for the confusion, I've had XPlane in mind, where the 'simvar' equivalent is in weight and we do convert based on fuel density. However, in FltSim the simvar reads in volume and we unfortunately let slip the convertion code in. Therefore, your GTN (and GNS V2) reads the correct value times the density.... This will be fixed in the next updated, most likely after the holidays now.

1 hour ago, RXP said:

@Leanscrush ok the bug is identified and I'm sorry for the confusion, I've had XPlane in mind, where the 'simvar' equivalent is in weight and we do convert based on fuel density. However, in FltSim the simvar reads in volume and we unfortunately let slip the convertion code in. Therefore, your GTN (and GNS V2) reads the correct value times the density.... This will be fixed in the next updated, most likely after the holidays now.

Thank you for the great support Jean-Luc!

• Upvote 1