Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 FltSim v2.3.8 Released

Hi, I'm pleased to announce v2.3.8 is now released!

It is available either via Settings Panel | Check Updates... or directly from our web site.

In this update:

• New: Added GPS 400 and GNC 420 Devices.
  • Fixed: Shadin Air Data Computer (Air Temperatures).
  • Fixed: Map Wind Vector Speed and Direction.
  • Fixed: Simulator locked to GPS Mode when using radios-less devices (400,420,500).
  • Fixed: PFC IDENT Button not working properly.
  • Other: Preliminary Internal Support for Reality XP G600/500.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:47 AM, RXP said:

Hi, I'm pleased to announce v2.3.8 is now released!

It is available either via Settings Panel | Check Updates... or directly from our web site.

In this update:

• New: Added GPS 400 and GNC 420 Devices.
  • Fixed: Shadin Air Data Computer (Air Temperatures).
  • Fixed: Map Wind Vector Speed and Direction.
  • Fixed: Simulator locked to GPS Mode when using radios-less devices (400,420,500).
  • Fixed: PFC IDENT Button not working properly.
  • Other: Preliminary Internal Support for Reality XP G600/500.

Thank you for the update. I like the addition of the 400 and 420.

• Upvote 1

@bills511 Thank you! We've thought they might fit some panels where it is harder to move gauges around, and the 400 makes the de facto pre-selected gauge when the assistant auto-detects the GPS295 on a panel, instead of the 430.

• Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

At the risk of looking like a complete jackalope, I am trying to figure out if there are upgrade costs associated with the RXP 430/530 gauges.  I have been out of simming for about 2.5 years now and coming back to the sim with a whole new world.  Everything has been updated.   Any rate, I have done a clean sweep and now up and running with P3Dv4.  Now I am trying to figure out if any of my FSX addons can be upgraded or if everything is a new purchase for me.   I have found some items can be purchased at a reduce rate and other are simply new full purchases.   I can't find this information for the RXP gauges.   I was able to update my GTN 750 (F1) for $20 I think.  Not sure about these RXP 530/430 upgrades.

Thanks-

Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

@Bman2006Hi, it is unfortunate you've missed the 30% off all our new products during Thanksgiving, or the coupons for existing customers when we've released the products.

Please understand the Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2 is a brand new product, compatible from FS9 to P3D4 in 32/64bits, from WinXP to Win10, with a newer Trainer software, tons of new features, in-sim live task-oriented assistant for panel configurations and settings, and it even includes some features once available only at a premium, like cross-fill.

You can rest assured these will be the best spent dollars in your simulator for many years to come!

Jean-Luc - 

Yes sir - I completely understand and have always been a fan of the RXP quality!  Thanks for the quick reply.

Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

Greetings, 

Can someone elaborate on this topic?:

"Fixed: Simulator locked to GPS Mode when using radios-less devices (400,420,500)."

I have updated the A2A PA24 Comanche (P3DV4.1) with the RXP V2 GPS 400; however, not able to alternate between NAV/GPS using the A2A NAV/GPS switch. I checked RXP .ini with:

Linkoto= true,  but still doesn't work. . Using the in simulator RXP options window, the last item: 

"Connect CDI mode to NAV/GPS" 

Above is greyed out in the A2A PA24, but available in all others (Alabeo, Carenado, etc.) 

Many thanks for any solutions. 

Hi Les,

The aforementioned fix is to prevent the GPS 400 and the GNC 420 to forcefully command the default NAV/GPS switch, since there is no VLOC/GPS mode. The option is greyed out because it has no purpose with these GPS(s).

Otherwise, the LinkOto option has nothing to do with the CDI mode, but with the autopilot. Please just read the line above in the ini file, it should be:

; connects GPS to Autopilot if true.
LinkOto = true 

Can you please elaborate "not able to alternate between NAV/GPS using the A2A NAV/GPS switch"? Does it mean it is stuck, or it has no effect?

I honestly can't see why the switch is not working, except if the developers may have disabled the switch if not using their default GPS?

Jean-Luc, 

Thanks for the rapid reply. The .ini file is as you stipulate and I do suspect the A2A NAV/GPS switch is designed to only work with their own GPS version.

Thanks for the info, I will inquire at A2A. 

I know A2A are very busy right now, but they've announced they'll start working on integrating the RXP GNS V2 and GTN in their aircraft in 2018. This shall help a lot too!

Hi Jean-Luc, 

I was able to create a P3D Macro L:VAR to alternate between GPS/NAV. Unfortunately, after spending an hour or two, I learned all it does is move a non-functioning A2A GPS/NAV switch back and forth. I don't imagine there is a way to develop a keypress or button thru FSUIPC that would control RXP functionality outside of P3D. For the present, I plan to use NAV #1 for GPS; NAV #2 for VLOC. If you know of another way, please don't hesitate to share. 

Thanks again. 

What about using the standard flightsim variables:

To query:

(A:GPS DRIVES NAV1, bool)    0 or 1

To set:

(>K:TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1)

Bert