Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

P3Dv4.1 MCE RC4 ATC broken (networked config)

Still something is very broken currently for RC4, its ATC can't get anything coherent from me.

14 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Still something is very broken currently for RC4, its ATC can't get anything coherent from me.

Could be wrong COM 1 freq, or RC4 remotely not seeing the correct one.

I don't have a networked setup. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Suggest you skip over the ATC clearance specific request and acknowledgments and see if others are working. I mean request for taxi and takeoff.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

Could be wrong COM 1 freq, or RC4 remotely not seeing the correct one.

I don't have a networked setup. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Suggest you skip over the ATC clearance specific request and acknowledgments and see if others are working. I mean request for taxi and takeoff.

Could be anything because I finally installed RC4 on my Win10 x64 (CFU) and MCE exhibits exactly the same behavior. After any contact to RC4 ATC (Delivery and skipped to Ground) even FO stops answering, although it worked perfectly just before I tried to contact RC4 ATC.

MCE + RC4 doesn't work and broken now. 

Could be Win10 x64 CFUpdate.

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Could be anything because I finally installed RC4 on my Win10 x64 (CFU) and MCE exhibits exactly the same behavior. After any contact to RC4 ATC (Delivery and skipped to Ground) even FO stops answering, although it worked perfectly just before I tried to contact RC4 ATC.

MCE + RC4 doesn't work and broken now. 

Could be Win10 x64 CFUpdate.

I don't think Windows 10 or Creators Update are the issue.

Now that you have installed RC4 on local machine, make sure you reset "IgnoreRC4Registry=0" and delete the path to RC4 in "mce.ini" so it can use the path it reads from registry. Otherwise it will read from the networked location.

What key combo do you have assigned for opening and closing the RC4 window (within P3D)?

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

I don't think Windows 10 or Creators Update are the issue.

Now that you have installed RC4 on local machine, make sure you reset "IgnoreRC4Registry=0" and delete the path to RC4 in "mce.ini" so it can use the path it reads from registry. Otherwise it will read from the networked location.

What key combo do you have assigned for opening and closing the RC4 window (within P3D)?

"IgnoreRC4Registry=0" was my starting point point, so I was sure MCE was picking up RC4 locally.

RC4 window is opened by a FSUIPC facility Advdisplay Toggle assigned to a button on my joystick, so no keys are involved

Igor.

Edited by Dirk98

11 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

"IgnoreRC4Registry=0" was my starting point point, so I was sure MCE was picking up RC4 locally.

RC4 window is opened by a FSUIPC facility Advdisplay Toggle assigned to a button on my joystick, so no keys are involved

Igor.

Might be to do with AdvDisplay.

I believe it has been deprecated many years ago.

You need to operate RC4 with a single output window (no AdvDisplay), "MultiLine" enabled in FSUIPC settings (default setting).

In P3D V4, the RC4 window title is "Simconnect message window". It used to be "Radar Contact ATC" or "FSUIPC Display" in FSX and P3D V3

For MCE to show the ATC window, you need to assign a key combo in RC4 UI.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

Might be to do with AdvDisplay.

I believe it has been deprecated many years ago.

You need to operate RC4 with a single output window (no AdvDisplay), "MultiLine" enabled in FSUIPC settings (default setting).

In P3D V4, the RC4 window title is "Simconnect message window". It used to be "Radar Contact ATC" or "FSUIPC Display" in FSX and P3D V3

Depricated? By any means no, it's just an old name for the same thing! In P3Dv4 it toggles "Simconnect message window", like it or leave it.

But for the sake of experiment I'll assign a key in RC4 and bind it to a button on my joystick and see what happens. But lest we forget FO reads out ATC Options perfectly already, unless I start trying to communicate to RC4 ATC.  

Edited by Dirk98

FSUIPC multiline display window box is TICKED, Hide all single line messages is EMPTY.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

In RC4 Keyboard Definitions is it what is called Display Window? I'm assigning it now but I'm not sure I understand you at all, what would a key binding change in my problem? But I'll comply and report. 

9 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

In RC4 Keyboard Definitions is it what is called Display Window? I'm assigning it now but I'm not sure I understand you at all, what would a key binding change in my problem? But I'll comply and report. 

MCE looks up the "rcv3.dat" file (RC4 settings) to find out what key combo to use when it needs to show the rC4 in-sim window.

Disable option "Display Text" in RC4 UI, "General settings". I believe that option is associated to the old "AdvDisplay" which gets RC4 to output text to the green bar.

1 minute ago, FS++ said:

MCE looks up the "rcv3.dat" file (RC4 settings) to find out what key combo to use when it needs to show the rC4 in-sim window.

Disable option "Display Text" in RC4 UI, "General settings". I believe that option is associated to the old "AdvDisplay" which gets RC4 to output text to the green bar.

Gerald, you just told me to bind a key in RC4 in your previous post. Now you're telling me to Disable it?!

Or did you mean to bind Flight Plan Display in RC4 Keyboard Definitions??

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

Key combo for what function exactly? In RC4 UI

Edited by Dirk98

Just now, Dirk98 said:

Key combo for what function exactly?

In "Radar Contact Key definitions" settings, RC4 user interface, assign a key combo for "Display Window" (suggest CTRL+SHIFT+W). That's what I mean by Key combo.

The "Display Text" option is under "Plane Information and options" screen that shows up when  you click <General> button. Disable that option.

Gerald, please see what I wrote above:

37 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

As to Display text BOX in General options it has been always unticked here, no matter MCE or not.

Will report about the result shortly

Edited by Dirk98

Gerald, I tried a few key bindings for Display Window and they all work Ok. I can toggle SimConnect Message Window via MCE command Show/Hide which means MCE reads RC4 bindings as you wrote..

FO reads out ATC window OK.

However can't get past Delivery unless do it manually and/or Push & Start request. The text after Speedbird 5_4 reads anything but what I said exactly the same like it was before.

What else can be tried?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98