Sign in to follow this  
Aldarean

FO does not start checklist and missing calls during preflight briefing

Hi,

I'm using Voice Control for my Aerosoft Aribus for one year now. A week ago I changed to P3Dv3 and some problems occured.

First: When I start my pre-flight briefing the first captains call "are you ready for the takeoff brieg?" is missing. It always starts with FO's call "go ahead". Thenceforth everything goes on as usual. I had this problem with FSX too but I managed it by reinstall Voice Control. In P3D it doesn't help.

Second problem ist, that my FO won't start the T/O checklist. I've watched the green bar and the checklist Status. Everything should be okay, but nothing happens. But when I switch from T/O brief back to After Start (or forward to the second T/O Brief) and then back again to T/O Brief, the FO will start the checklist.

Third: My FO ignores my flaps calls during an approach (for example when anything wents wrong during the approach and I have to retract the flaps to flaps 3,2 or one) even when I get to flaps-overspeed.

I've reinstalled Voice Control  and also deactivated and activated Voice Controll in the Airbus Controlls a few times but it doesn't helped. The green bar always recognized my instructions correctly.

Is there anyone who can help?

Greetings, merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Ludwig

Hi Ludwig,

You changed to P3D V3 or V4?  Most people are on V4, and we haven't released an FS2Crew for 64 bit P3D V4 yet.

Are you using the latest version of FS2Crew?

The code is identical for FSX to P3D V3, so something else is happening, especially if it worked fine for the last year.

1. Check your audio setup.  If you're missing audio, make sure audio on your computer is functioning properly.  Update your audio drivers.

2. I'm not sure about that one.  Are you using saved situation files?  

3. Are you in the right mode?  Do you have any hardware that could be overriding the flap commands?

• Upvote 1

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply. I'm using P3D V3 because I'm waiting for the 64bit Aerosoft Aribus until I want to Switch to P3D V4.

1. I'm using a Sound Blaster Z Soundcard with up to date drivers. I had this Problem during FSX too and a reinstallation fixed it. When I play the apporaoch Brief, everything works fine, Captain and FO speaking al their senteces. Just in pre-flight Brief I have no Sound on first and last sentence from the captain.

2. No, I have this problem during a normal flight from beginning to the end. I thougt, this problem just occures on Before T/O CL but yesterday I had the problem triggered before the before start proc. phase. But after that everything worked fine.

3. I am in the approach mode. Green bar is also ok. I'm using PRO/ATX-X but I deactivated FO from PRO/ATC and the Default FO from the Airbus.

Before uninstalling, do have to deativate Voice control in the Airbus configurator first?

1. Still not sure about that one.

2. Are you saying "repeat last" or "say last"?

3: Are you below the flap extension speed?  I think something is interfering with the flap handle.

For uninstalling, should should de-activate to restore your panel.cfg to its original condition.

Maybe I will record a video with all these problems I a row. It's nothing that I can't handle its just a bit irritating.

2. No. When nothing happens, I switch the CL in the panel with the up and down Button. 

3. Yes, I am over the flap setting speed. One I was overspeed, called flaps one or what it was and nothing happens.

Hello and sorry that I have not reported for a long time. I can, however, bring some good news. I have P3D reinstalled in case of other problems and now I have no more Problems with the checklists . The thing with the flaps I will test in detail soon. The problems of the missing sound at the take off briefing unfortunately persist. I will try different Soundcard and a reinstall of my Sound Blaster Z Drivers. Report ist coming soon.

The Problems are "solved" now. I don't know how but an other aircraft on an other Airport and everything works fine. It's crazy. :blink: