Maestaru

Learjet 35A - Random Config Questions

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hi:

I just purchased this aircraft for P3D4, am in the learning curve, and thought one thread here for quick, random questions maybe beneficial:

1) In the previous flight I used the Hanger to return the plane to Cold and Dark (with door locked, chocks, all switches off, GPU connected, brakes on, throttles locked, etc).  When I start the next flight, however, it returns to the semi-powered state.  Is there a way to permanently set the plane to Cold and Dark (with the above config)?

2) I am unable to locate the cockpit overhead light.  Location? 

3) Can specific fuel quantities be entered using Flysimware's popups?

4) Is there an easier way to integrate radar, something like the way the installer recognized my GTN 750?  (I already have Active Sky Next.  And, yes, I read the devs instructions, and the posts here.)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi...

Welcome aboard...

I don't think the aircraft actively remembers states between flights - I would think you could save the whole flight and the aircraft would remain in that state ?

I think the GUI only had predefined selectable loads for fuel - more specifics could entered via the standard FSX/P3D menu...

I have the REX Wx Advantage - so by default it just worked - haven't messed with the other...

I don't recall where the light switch is...

The other thing of note - is that their are many custom key mappings included - so you want to read the manual - as things happen very fast in this aircraft and you don't want to spend too much time heads down in the cockpit in this certified two pilot aircraft... You want to map as many controls as you can to buttons - it's a custom autopilot so many of the default keys don't work... Personally - I use Voice Attack ($10.00 voice control program) to act as a pseudo copilot and help with button presses... It really adds a whole new dimension to flying this bird...

Best of luck - I'm sure someone will be along who might be able to answer your questions in a bit more detail...

Regards,
Scott

@scottb613

Thanks for the quick response, and solid tips.

I already have REX Texture Direct so will look into their radar.  Mapping is a great idea.

Two more questions:

5) Can the Altimeter be changed from metric to imperial, so it matches readings on the Alt Select?  Or can the AS be changed to metric?  Either way would be better than current.

6) Can the volume be tweaked?  I would like to reduce in-cockpit engine noise, slightly increase ATC, and significantly increase engine sound when following the aircraft.  I know a lot of this can be done in P3D, but my settings there are fine for all other planes; only the Lear needs slight adjustment.

Hi...

Happy to help...

Sorry - metric/imperial - haven't messed with...

As for the sounds - last weekend I picked up the AS SimStarter - - - so every setting of the sim can be stored in unique profiles and launched at will... If you don't want to adjust the sound sliders all the time you may want to look into this... I was skeptical about the product but based on the reviews I picked it up - now I don't know how I lived without it...

Make sure you head over to the Flysimware website and pick up the panel graphics upgrade in the download section someone made for this aircraft - makes a substantial improvement to the VC...

Also - while learning the plane - try using reduced thrust on takeoff  (85 to 90) to make it more manageable - as this plane will skyrocket at more than 6000 FPM in very steep climbs if you allow it...

Again - I'm sure others will be along that may help more...

Regards,
Scott  

@Greggy_D 

Would I be able to use the Panel Texture Update?  I just downloaded my aircraft yesterday and it is ver 3.  The texture update I found says it is for ver 2.7 and below.

@ThomasAH 

Found the lights on the wall, but still not the overhead ones :(

Regarding the mod, is it possible to pick and choose what changes are implemented?  I would like to use the save setting to begin with but am hesitant to load all features until I am more familiar with the plane.

@scottb613 

The app for managing profiles is going to happen.  

Purchased and installed the WX Radar.  Easy breezy.  Just what I was hoping for.  With LittleNavMap running on a remote laptop, I have the primary bases covered.

Actually in my last flight I took off using 90% thrust then, after positive climb and gear up, I engaged the AP, set VS to 2500, and was successful at managing airspeed right up to FL360.  Wonderful flight from CYVR to CYYC.

Thanks, everyone, for your invaluable support today.  Keep it coming...

12 minutes ago, Maestaru said:

Would I be able to use the Panel Texture Update?  I just downloaded my aircraft yesterday and it is ver 3.  The texture update I found says it is for ver 2.7 and below

I think they incorporated the new panel texture in releases after v2.7 so you shouldn't need it?

Hi...

In the document thread I posted - I have a post - I made a checklist based off the real world flight manual than seems to work pretty well - it’s in Excel format so you can change it if you you want to modify it...

Regards,

Scott

9 hours ago, Maestaru said:

@ThomasAH

Regarding the mod, is it possible to pick and choose what changes are implemented?  I would like to use the save setting to begin with but am hesitant to load all features until I am more familiar with the plane.

Yes, the included manual shows how to enable each feature manually, so you are in complete control.

I'm using: 2 Better engine spool behavior, 3 Modified system gauge, 4 Autopilot modifications.

I'm not using the saved cockpit state, because I'm using FSUIPC's autosave and this might cause some lags on my too old system.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:49 PM, Maestaru said:

@ThomasAH

No, but I've included extensive documentation.