Sign in to follow this  
gianmarcoragazzoni

Installation Aerosoft scenery

Hi, with the transition to P3D4 from FSX I wanted to ask you for advice on the quality of the textures to be installed. With FSX I was forced by the heaviness and risk of OOM to install the textures at 1024, now with P3D4 can I install the high details or should always stay at 1024?
Thank you.

19 minutes ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

Hi, with the transition to P3D4 from FSX I wanted to ask you for advice on the quality of the textures to be installed. With FSX I was forced by the heaviness and risk of OOM to install the textures at 1024, now with P3D4 can I install the high details or should always stay at 1024?
Thank you.

Hi,

I just received your private message about this, it all depends of the hardware you have and how much performance do you wish to have for your sim when you launch the scenary.

If you have a reasonable video card with plenty of memory then it should be ok to use higher textures, you will not see OOM crashes with PD3V4 but if you hardware is not adequate of course thing will not work correctly (low FPS, stutters, etc.)

My advice would be to install standard textures, get your sim running and increase the textures and display settings slowly until you find a configuration that is comfortable for your preference and performance.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Hi,

I just received your private message about this, it all depends of the hardware you have and how much performance do you wish to have for your sim when you launch the scenary.

If you have a reasonable video card with plenty of memory then it should be ok to use higher textures, you will not see OOM crashes with PD3V4 but if you hardware is not adequate of course thing will not work correctly (low FPS, stutters, etc.)

My advice would be to install standard textures, get your sim running and increase the textures and display settings slowly until you find a configuration that is comfortable for your preference and performance.

Regards 

Simbol 

Thank for reply, i use a GTX 1070 with 16gb ram and i7-8700K. if I install the standard textures and from the sim imposed the textures details to high levels, could it create conflicts with the scenario or should it automatically detail it better?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

Thank for reply, i use a GTX 1070 with 16gb ram and i7-8700K. if I install the standard textures and from the sim imposed the textures details to high levels, could it create conflicts with the scenario or should it automatically detail it better?

Thank you.

It will detailed better, also you can reinstall with higher textures later to test your system performance. 

Remember to leave so performance space for your airplanes and add-on's, the PMDG is very demanding for example.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

It will detailed better, also you can reinstall with higher textures later to test your system performance. 

Remember to leave so performance space for your airplanes and add-on's, the PMDG is very demanding for example.

Simbol 

Ok, in fact I will use PMDG, for now I will try to install the standard textures as recommended and I will check the performance.
Thank you.

I’ve found that with a 1070, I don’t notice a performance drop when using higher resolution textures except when it comes to clouds. Word to the wise, NEVER install 4K cloud textures unless you have an absolute monster of a GPU. In general, I go with 2K textures as they look great while 4K textures just don’t seem like that big of an improvement.

• Upvote 1