Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

MadDog MD 80 Get Reading, get Prepar-ed!

I've gone through all the youtube video tutorials and made a crib PDF That should get us all started.

Think of it as a beta, taxi in > it's not finished but all the info from the tutorials is all here. I will do a full polished version when out.

Its a page on my work web if you wonder why link looks odd

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MD-80-simple-version.pdf

If you wish to watch all the videos click link below. 

MODS, There is no talking or "Adult" content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH8GD2GjajlotIFDoKmu7Qg

• Upvote 13

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Great, thanks for sharing! I’ll get to reading it to prepare for the MD-80!

2 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Great, thanks for sharing! I’ll get to reading it to prepare for the MD-80!

Your welcome, I do them for myself for every aircraft I fly but after spending 4 hours doing this I thought it would help others. It's painful taking notes of videos. Then writing it all.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Your welcome, I do them for myself for every aircraft I fly but after spending 4 hours doing this I thought it would help others. It's painful taking notes of videos. Then writing it all.

I can imagine, it will be a great resource when we’re all trying to relearn how to fly her:biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I've gone through all the youtube video tutorials and made a crib PDF That should get us all started.

Think of it as a beta, taxi in > it's not finished but all the info from the tutorials is all here. I will do a full polished version when out.

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MD-80-simple-version.pdf

Thank You for this.  Looking forward to see this bird being finally released on P3D.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Nice document indeed, a lot to do :-).

Bit too much for one pilot alone. Much recommended to get FS2Crew as well. Just great to do your preparation part, and during that hear all the bells and whistles while your Copilot does his/her part. 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Thanks David. I hope we get it this week or the next. We haven't got any update for release and it hurts to wait...

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

awesome thanks David. :)

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I'm just in the process of finishing up my uSimPit Version 3.0 ... hopefully in time for it's release.

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Haven't checked it out yet as I'm away but does it have a checklist for cold/dark to arrival and shutdown?

Eric 

I just went through the checklist and see several things which aren't technically correct - but let me say how much I love the enthusiasm - I REALLY DO!  This aircraft deserves it!

We presently have two people on the team making videos that will be released with the product, and I'm going to do a Quick Start Up and Quick Turn Around video for those who just want to get the bird up.  I haven't checked those existing videos in the past week or so, but when I first checked the first video I found important errors (I stopped there) but I haven't checked to see if they have been fixed. The videos coming out with the aircraft should be spot on.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

18 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm just in the process of finishing up my uSimPit Version 3.0 ... hopefully in time for it's release.

Cheers, Rob.

Do you plan to make another uSimPit video to reflect the changes? On your last pit video I ordered the mini USB keyboards you use.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I just went through the checklist and see several things which aren't technically correct - but let me say how much I love the enthusiasm - I REALLY DO!  This aircraft deserves it!

We presently have two people on the team making videos that will be released with the product, and I'm going to do a Quick Start Up and Quick Turn Around video for those who just want to get the bird up.  I haven't checked those existing videos in the past week or so, but when I first checked the first video I found important errors (I stopped there) but I haven't checked to see if they have been fixed. The videos coming out with the aircraft should be spot on.

Best wishes.

If you have any detailed information on SOP could you please send it to me.

If anyone have anything as a reference please PM it so I can get to work on getting this right ASAP 

I used what has been given to us so far.

Thanks.

Some News,

I've done a lot of digging around and now have a full set of manuals.  QRH alone is 460 pagers.

So will get to work.

EDIT: I can't write a fully correct one until I get the aircraft as I have no idear how much is modeled and not. Also what we need to do and what is not needed.

So here you are,

Normal procedures start page 86 http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MD-88-and-90-Operations-Manual-Vol-1.pdf

QRH http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MD-88-and-90-QRH.pdf

Normal Checklist http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MD-88-and-90-Normal-Checklist.pdf

• Upvote 3