Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

MadDog MD 80 Get Reading, get Prepar-ed!

Excellent resource.

Is it possible on P.15, after 'Speed', to put a range or some indication of what the approach speed should be [Granted it varies with weight & other factors], but its something  I sometimes have difficulty finding.

T45

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Excellent resource.

Is it possible on P.15, after 'Speed', to put a range or some indication of what the approach speed should be [Granted it varies with weight & other factors], but its something  I sometimes have difficulty finding.

T45

My version will no doubt change a lot, it’s just a first draft from all the videos.

You have have the full manual with everything in it.

I will put it altogether for myself and then share it. But I now need the release.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Too bad it has taken so long all the airlines have retired or cut their fleets. I like to fly real routes in real time so I'll have to put this on a wish list for some time later next year. too many airplanes to fly not enough time or money.

17 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

Too bad it has taken so long all the airlines have retired or cut their fleets. I like to fly real routes in real time so I'll have to put this on a wish list for some time later next year. too many airplanes to fly not enough time or money.

Like you I like to fly in real time. Luckily I like flying for Delta so I have until the end of 2020 before they phase out all the MD’s.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

hi everyone, I would like to share a handsheet I'v done back in the days for the (soon legacy) Leonardo MD80 : https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=175788

the idea was to create something  something visual so you can quickly find the area of the cockpit where the next action is.

It is based on several FCOM, LSH documentations and several tutorials and real world cockpit videos founded on the web at the time.

here is a link to a bunch of real world videos where you can see a lot of SAS SOP's : https://www.youtube.com/user/mmmpetersen/videos?query=md80

• Upvote 2

On 12/20/2017 at 9:57 AM, Nyxx said:

I've gone through all the youtube video tutorials and made a crib PDF That should get us all started.

Think of it as a beta, taxi in > it's not finished but all the info from the tutorials is all here. I will do a full polished version when out.

Its a page on my work web if you wonder why link looks odd

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MD-80-simple-version.pdf

If you wish to watch all the videos click link below. 

MODS, There is no talking or "Adult" content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH8GD2GjajlotIFDoKmu7Qg

Did you ever finish this checklist. It has helped me a lot since the MadDog has been released.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I forgot it’s still there,

lts been redone about 5 times, and am doing another version today, every time I fly the maddog I see its mistakes. 

Thats was like an alpha build am now starting to beta test lol.

I will up date it fully when am happy, that could be a few weeks.

Or I could do a PMDG and say “soon”

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Did you ever finish this checklist. It has helped me a lot since the MadDog has been released.

OK I've updated it a lot...

It's still a beta but this is a lot closer 

Enjoy!

http://www.limegallery.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/MD-80-public-version.pdf

For flight sim use only ofc :laugh:

• Upvote 2

I would like to add the TO Warning procedure. :)

"This check is mandatory and must be carried out before the first engine start before every flight. Before engine start, and with power on the aircraft: - Move both throttles toward full forward position and observe takeoff warning  sound"  (SAS Flight Ops Manual)

Also check OUTFLOW VALVE moving to CLOSE position, and again to OPEN when throttles are retarded to IDLE. It's the yellow/black wheel on the pedestal.

Keep it up, nicely done :)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

48 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

I would like to add the TO Warning procedure. :)

"This check is mandatory and must be carried out before the first engine start before every flight. Before engine start, and with power on the aircraft: - Move both throttles toward full forward position and observe takeoff warning  sound"  (SAS Flight Ops Manual)

Also check OUTFLOW VALVE moving to CLOSE position, and again to OPEN when throttles are retarded to IDLE. It's the yellow/black wheel on the pedestal.

Keep it up, nicely done :)

added already thanks for the feedback. 

Need to do a flight tonight and test...again!

Then I will update doc some time next week when its more final!

Edited by Nyxx

Nyxx

thank you very much for your time and effort in producing these documents

jeff storey

Just a suggestion, when you do finalize the checklist can you make it so it will print on a single sheet, dual sided so we can print and laminate it. Thanks again for all the hard work. It has helped me a lot.

Dan

nvm

Edited by Nyxx

50 minutes ago, jstorey20 said:

Nyxx

thank you very much for your time and effort in producing these documents

Your welcome

13 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Just a suggestion, when you do finalize the checklist can you make it so it will print on a single sheet, dual sided so we can print and laminate it. Thanks again for all the hard work. It has helped me a lot.

When it's done if you want an editable version I can send you a Word Doc version Dan.

• Upvote 1