Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Chaseplane question

Currently I use chaseplane for different cockpit views, wing views, etc.  Does chaseplane have a record and playback function?   I'm looking to record some landings and watch them after I park from different views.  If chaseplane doesn't do this, is there an easy and cheap way to do so?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

It does, albeit a basic one at this time. I think it’s in the experimental build, but I could be wrong. Haven’t used ChasePlane personally.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - it's still a work in progress and the newest feature - needs some polish... It's a tab in the menu... As John mentioned - you need to opt in on the experimental builds in the ChasePlane interface...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

19 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Currently I use chaseplane for different cockpit views, wing views, etc.  Does chaseplane have a record and playback function?   I'm looking to record some landings and watch them after I park from different views.  If chaseplane doesn't do this, is there an easy and cheap way to do so?  Thanks!

For more complex aircraft, like PMDG, the playback function with regards animations is unsatisfactory at this stage.  FSFX Packages have stated that they will need to collaborate with aircraft developers in order to get the animations to work correctly and will do so in due course.

So if you are intending to watch your 737 or 777 land or take off with the animations in full swing, its not going to happen yet.  I had a number of strange visual and sound anomalies during playback with the 737

Ok.. Interesting.  So then when people show that on youtube, are they doing a view change during flight? 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

3 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. Interesting.  So then when people show that on youtube, are they doing a view change during flight? 

Yes, while running the replay in ChasePlane's experimental build, you can select different camera angles as you would while running in real time. 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

I just use the replay feature in P3d and then use Chase Plane for the view changes.

16 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Some of them do, yes. If you see flaps or spoilers moving, then they are most likely recording one view at a time and stitching them together in post.

The replay mode in chaseplane at the moment seems to work exactly like fsrecorder used to so for the PMDG for example before replaying you need to load a panel state in landing config to see spoilers deploy etc.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Meaning you need to save the panel config just before you land?

I guess that makes sense because it seems it’s actually simulating the whole landing instead of replaying it.