Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Pull Down Menu Too Small to Read on 4K Monitor/TV

Eric,

Only saw one pic which was the 200% and had to use the mag glass (my own and not in windows) to read the page.

The cpu/ gpu block I keep talking about is the one you can select to show how your computer is running x-plane Not sure which part of the "Pull-down" menu it is in but you can find tons of other sim stuff to view and evaluate there.

Tried that magnifier built in windows and almost got sea sick looking at it as it scrolls across the sim's page.

Maybe if there was some sort of zoom in/out function, kind of like Track IR, it could increase the size just as long as you needed it to be read or to make some menu selection.

Terry

2 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

Eric,

Only saw one pic which was the 200% and had to use the mag glass (my own and not in windows) to read the page.

The cpu/ gpu block I keep talking about is the one you can select to show how your computer is running x-plane Not sure which part of the "Pull-down" menu it is in but you can find tons of other sim stuff to view and evaluate there.

Tried that magnifier built in windows and almost got sea sick looking at it as it scrolls across the sim's page.

Maybe if there was some sort of zoom in/out function, kind of like Track IR, it could increase the size just as long as you needed it to be read or to make some menu selection.

Terry

Cessna_172SP_G1000_7.pngCessna_172SP_G1000_6.png

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

On 12/23/2017 at 7:36 AM, Cat_Dad said:

I have given up trying to get a readable menu on a 50 inch 4 K screen. Have gone back to the much smaller 40 inch screen that is only 1080p.

You can always set your desktop to 1920x1080 (either in Windows or Nvidia Control Panel)... the TV will upscale the image to fill the screen and everything will be much larger.  Obviously, you won't be getting true 4K resolution in the sim; but it beats going back to your 40" screen.

You are right. Was a waste of money trying to use the 4K tv as a monitor so it got  moved to the living room. Was not the size I was hoping for out there but bigger than the previous 42 inch model.

Terry

What is the fps you get in 4K? My display is also but you can set to FullHD or even less in x-plane, it will give a satisfying result in resolution. I do not notice any particular improvement by higher resolution. 

Robert,

I do not remember the FPS I had at 4K but it was somewhere between 30 and 40.  I do not have that TV hooked up to the computer and am using my older 40 inch Samsung which is a native 1080p. If all I was interested in was the size of the screen, I probably would have saved the money and went with another larger 1080 model. I was hoping the 4K resolution would make a significant difference in the image quality in X-plane 11. I never really got to explore this due to the font size problems (too small)

Terry