Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Feelthere EMBRAER E-JETS V.2 175 AND 195 P3D4

The mods I did were nothing too special.  Just tweaks to the cfg files to make doors line up, ground handling do better, etc.  However, after a minimal amount of tweaking in Xplane 11, I have completely uninstalled P3d/FSX products altogether.  While the aircraft selections are somewhat limited, currently, there are enough good study level aircraft to keep me happy.  Currently, I am combining the X-crafts EMB175 EWT with the SSG EMB 170 cockpit to make it a near study level aircraft.  Looks fantastic.  Framerates are so smooth with near max settings and once you put Ortho4XP ground textures/terrain in to the sim, screenshots become nearly unable to be separated from real life images.  I'd share the cfg file tweaks I did with P3D/fsx but after uninstall, I no longer have them.  

With minimal tweaking, X-plane 11 has become my new, smooth, fast fps, fluid looking simulator.  Bye bye FSX/P3d.  It was real and it was fun but X-Plane 11 is real fun.

Image examples:
Flying over KMCI in EMB175LR-EWT 1
Flying over KMCI in EMB175LR-EWT 2
Short final at KMCI (forgive the crudeness of KMCI as I am still making it "good"):

• Upvote 1

Where do you get liveries for these?  

Victor Ortiz

Alienware Aurora R11; Intel Core i9-10900KF 3.7; RAM 128GB; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

I picked up the v1 package (EMB 170/190) a few days ago, having followed this discussion. Mostly because I had bought FT's KBOS some weeks ago, but as it appeared traffic between KBOS, KLGA, KDCA, KBUF and KPHL is to great extent operated with EMB170's and 190's, I didn't really have any addon to use in and out of KBOS. JetBlue seems to solely operate EMB190's around New England, for exmaple, so the feelthere e-jets v1 package appeared to fit the bill beautifully.

Overall, I agree with the consensus in this thread. Of course the visuals are dated, though I find the exterior perfectly fine. The VC was a bit of an adjustment, coming out of the newer generation of addon aircraft, such as the Leonardo Maddog X, Aerosoft CRJ or Majestic Dash 8, but after two or three uses I really don't mind it too much. The systems are good and seem to work as expected. But then I don't pilot this plane in real life so what do I know... I'm happy with sufficient depth of procedures, working LNAV and speed control options!

All in all, I'm quickly falling in love with this plane. I experience this plane as having a minimal learning curve. I watched one (pretty good) Youtube tutorial and then jumped in without too much hassle. The automation and 'touchscreen' approach to some of the displays is  great, i.e. instead of rotating a knob, you can just open a menu and click what you want to display. I also love that it literally takes five button presses to go from cold and dark to running engines (excluding any FMS setup). I know a lot of people like the hands-on approach of older aircraft, but personally I'm a fan of such automation, because it allows me to have a virtual fleet of 6-7 aircraft and not having to re-learn what buttons to press in what order.

The one problem I quickly had was the utter lack of repaints available for both the EMB170 and 190, so pretty soon I felt like an word not allowed for not having purchased v2 instead. Until I figured that back in the day McPhat had made tons of liveries and sold them in a single package. Call me crazy, but I  tracked the v1 liveries package down to Wilcopub's website, and bought it. Sure, it was like half the cost of the model (some 10$), but at least I have a huge amount of liveries for these models, and they do look wonderful!

So yeah, I've been pretty happy with this addon so far, despite its aging visuals.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Two more things...

1) I completely agree with somebody else who emtnioned this: the night lighting is a disaster. This addon is essentially useless to me at night.

2) I noticed that feelthere also released the ERJ135/145 package for P3Dv4. Same issues and price as the E-jets packages. http://feelthere.com/en/product/1247_embraer-erj135-erj145xrj-for-p3d4.html I assume sooner or later it will appear on simmarket as well.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 5/11/2018 at 7:23 PM, Benjamin J said:

I picked up the v1 package (EMB 170/190) a few days ago, having followed this discussion. Mostly because I had bought FT's KBOS some weeks ago, but as it appeared traffic between KBOS, KLGA, KDCA, KBUF and KPHL is to great extent operated with EMB170's and 190's, I didn't really have any addon to use in and out of KBOS. JetBlue seems to solely operate EMB190's around New England, for exmaple, so the feelthere e-jets v1 package appeared to fit the bill beautifully.

Overall, I agree with the consensus in this thread. Of course the visuals are dated, though I find the exterior perfectly fine. The VC was a bit of an adjustment, coming out of the newer generation of addon aircraft, such as the Leonardo Maddog X, Aerosoft CRJ or Majestic Dash 8, but after two or three uses I really don't mind it too much. The systems are good and seem to work as expected. But then I don't pilot this plane in real life so what do I know... I'm happy with sufficient depth of procedures, working LNAV and speed control options!

All in all, I'm quickly falling in love with this plane. I experience this plane as having a minimal learning curve. I watched one (pretty good) Youtube tutorial and then jumped in without too much hassle. The automation and 'touchscreen' approach to some of the displays is  great, i.e. instead of rotating a knob, you can just open a menu and click what you want to display. I also love that it literally takes five button presses to go from cold and dark to running engines (excluding any FMS setup). I know a lot of people like the hands-on approach of older aircraft, but personally I'm a fan of such automation, because it allows me to have a virtual fleet of 6-7 aircraft and not having to re-learn what buttons to press in what order.

The one problem I quickly had was the utter lack of repaints available for both the EMB170 and 190, so pretty soon I felt like an word not allowed for not having purchased v2 instead. Until I figured that back in the day McPhat had made tons of liveries and sold them in a single package. Call me crazy, but I  tracked the v1 liveries package down to Wilcopub's website, and bought it. Sure, it was like half the cost of the model (some 10$), but at least I have a huge amount of liveries for these models, and they do look wonderful!

So yeah, I've been pretty happy with this addon so far, despite its aging visuals.

There are 2 things you can do in order to get more of this product - 

1. Update the VC textures (thanks to Brian 🙂

2. Get the TSS Max edition sound pack for the E-175, it is one of the best sound packages imho - https://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-studios-embraer-175-max-edition-fsx-p3d.phtml

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

On 7/16/2018 at 2:21 PM, ericbolt said:

Anjyone have a JBU livery for this? Cant find it anywhere!

There are a few available in the Library if you search "jetblue".  For the feelThere E190 they are under FS9 I believe - and they do work in FSX or P3D; however, be advised they are all out of date vs. jetBlue's current paint scheme - except for a version of the new "Blueprint" livery which I believe I also found here.

I recently took it upon myself to update the liveries to the new(er) "billboard" scheme, but as they are based on the original McPhat liveries from the payware livery pack I don't believe I can upload them to the Library without running afoul of some EULA term.  I'd never revised a paint before and I have to say it wasn't very difficult...  Now if I could just solve a nagging CTD issue I could actually enjoy flying the things, at least until the Aerosoft A320 is released.

Edited by Sabretooth78
  • Like 1

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

Caleb what do you mean when you say "I am combining the X-crafts EMB175 EWT with the SSG EMB 170 cockpit to make it a near study level aircraft"? Are you actually installing the SSG EMB 170 cockpit into the X-crafts EMB175 EWT aircraft software? And if so how do you do it?

I did buy the v2, but of course my expectations have long since changed and this model feels and operates really outdated.  Not in the flight dynamics as such, but in the functionality of switches and knobs and all that necessary detail.  These we expect to be fully operational in all views, therefore it is well behind the times.  The MCDU needs to accept plans from external planners, and be upgradable by Navigraph or similar.  I don't look for a study level aircraft but simply one that meets modern standards of FMS, panel and flight deck design.  In truth I have only got it off the ground once and after a struggle to prepare it..

Therefore I am looking for a real update in the August release of the latest version......whether discounted or not.  But it must not disappoint.