Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Yoke bobbing like a rocking chair.

I don't recall it ever being this bad in the past.  I don't know what I did to make this happen.  I found some very old threads on this but nothing current.  

P3Dv4.1

Is there anything current of what may cause this.  

Sry I‘m not natively english speaking... if bobbing means it‘s moving aggressively without you moving your hardware and this is increasing it might be your hardware piking. If you have the CH yoke, they don‘t crimp their cable connections. You might want to open it (take care, you lose warrenty) and tighten the connections... this helped a lot on my side, i have almost no movement anymore that is not intended...

14 minutes ago, kenthom said:

I don't recall it ever being this bad in the past.  I don't know what I did to make this happen.  I found some very old threads on this but nothing current.

If it wasn't a problem in the past, then it's likely an issue caused by a change you made. Any changes to weather programs? Hardware? FSUIPC? Sim/weather settings?

Kyle Rodgers

I tried some changes to AS16 but no change in the behavior.  I have given it some thought and maybe it didn't just start.  I just never really paid much attention to it.  After I noticed that the nose of the plane was slowly moving up and done during level flight I paid more attention to the yoke moving back and forth.  I use Saitek equipment and they are set up correctly.  As I stated before, there are posts on this behavior clear back to 2011 but nothing in the last couple of years that I can find.

Is this normal behavior?  I haven't used FSUIPC since the move to P3Dv4.  My AS16 are all within the parameters set within default or lower settings.  

3 hours ago, kenthom said:

After I noticed that the nose of the plane was slowly moving up and done during level flight I paid more attention to the yoke moving back and forth. 

This is probably normal.  Afterall, the aircraft is not on rails.  Air mass variations of any kind will trigger small variations in pitch and power.  Try her out with no weather at all and she should be pretty stable.

Dan Downs KCRP