Sign in to follow this  
regis9

I’ve Lost my Pop Up Windows - GSX and AS16

Hi everyone, for some reason I cannot open pop up windows for GSX or the in-sim active sky weather conditions.  ATC works fine.  Any idea what might be the cause?

Thanks

Dave

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

14 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Hi everyone, for some reason I cannot open pop up windows for GSX or the in-sim active sky weather conditions.  ATC works fine.  Any idea what might be the cause?

Thanks

Dave

Corrupted dll.xml or exe.xml.

The easiest way is to repair your problem is to reinstall those add-on's.

Simbol 

Happens to me every now and then. GSX and AS use the simconnect window: it has nothing to do with the ATC window. I myself use GSX, AS and ProATC and they all use the simconnect window and it seems this sometimes confuses the sim. I usually can solve it by alt-tabbing out of P3D and going to ProATC and back, or by trying to open the window using the menu. It's an odd problem. Reinstalling the addons is a bit too much unless you can't get those windows back again even after a restart of P3D: that ALWAYS solves it.

Yeah it's been that way for the past few sessions so restarts aren't doing it this time around.  At least GSX and AS16 aren't difficult to reinstall if that's the only solution.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hello, I'm still having issues with this.  I tried re-installing AS16, GSX and SODE (as it also won't work - no pop up window), I've reinstalled all of the simconnect files in the redist directory, but still no luck getting pop up windows to work for these three addons.

Any other thoughts?

Dave

11 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Hello, I'm still having issues with this.  I tried re-installing AS16, GSX and SODE (as it also won't work - no pop up window), I've reinstalled all of the simconnect files in the redist directory, but still no luck getting pop up windows to work for these three addons.

Any other thoughts?

You running P3D as system administrator? Just a thought.

Besides that all I can think of is a corrupted P3D configuration files, you will need to reset these.

Simbol 

Yes I always run as administrator and I just tried deleting my prepar3d.cfg file and letting it rebuild.  No luck.

Dave

Is that a matter of deleting them and letting them rebuild like prepar3d.cfg or do I have to delete them, then reinstall everything that would normally be contained in them?

Dave

Still can't figure out what SODE is for. Has something to do with jet ways, but most don't work anyway. I've has to just install the Stand Alone Manager with GSX to get it to work, beats doing a re-install of the add-ons themselves. Not sure why AS16 would cause a problem, haven't run across that at all.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

8 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Is that a matter of deleting them and letting them rebuild like prepar3d.cfg or do I have to delete them, then reinstall everything that would normally be contained in them?

Make a backup, and proceed to remove them.

After deleting them you launch PD3, exit and install GSX first, check if it works.

Then proceed with the rest.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

Thanks, I deleted and rebuilt the offending dll.xml and exe.xml files and all is good now, thanks for the help Simbol!

Dave