Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Pilot

Is $39.95 the new base price?

I have noticed most of the addon aircraft that have been released in the past year retail for $39.95.

Is 40 dollars going to be the new base price for aircraft?

Dale

• Upvote 1

Seems so. I was looking at my aircraft addon purchases in 2012, and prices were generally between $20-$30. Much of the rise is just inflation but I also think development standards have gone up and developers these days are supporting more simulators, eg many of these packages support FSX + P3D v2/v3/v4, so there's more complex work and testing involved in making an addon than there used to be.

Barry Friedman

1 hour ago, Gypsy Pilot said:

Is 40 dollars going to be the new base price for aircraft?

Pretty much.  Well, except for A2A... they're $50+ (and worth every penny! :biggrin:)

Greg

44 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Well, except for A2A... they're $50+ (and worth every penny! :biggrin:)

Greg

However many times you buy them!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

However many times you buy them!

:smile:

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Prices will continue to rise to keep pace with inflation, but also because simmers are willing to pay these inflated prices. It's simple economics. 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I really don't mind the price tag as long as the product matches the price.

Modern sim models not only have to look and fly right but they have to have working systems modeled too.

My Milviz Beaver is a much better model than my old Aerosoft one.

Dale

Hmmmm, not really, it depends what aircraft you look at, but some recent releases look pretty cheap, like; Aerosoft AN-2 at €30 is $35; Just Flight Piper Arrow and Turbo Arrow at £28 are $37; Just Flight VC-10 at £25 is $33; Just Flight C-46 Commando at £25 is $33, but currently on offer at £17.50/$23.  That said, there are plenty of others over $40 too!

Cheers

Paul Golding