Sign in to follow this  
Kawfee Bassie

Extra Waypoints

When I enter a lot of routes these days, Pilot2ATC seems to be generating a bunch of weird phantom waypoints. This does not seem to happen when I use the default Navigraph database included with the produce, but if I update to the latest Navigraph AIRAC it start happening. I was experiencing this in the previous release, so when I saw the new v2.4.0.1 release x64 I wanted to wait until I could reproduce it. It is still happening in the new version as well.

Here are some sample steps and screenshot. The screen shot shows the latest version and the AIRAC cycle.

- Start a flight KIAD to KSFO
- Add RAMAY waypoint (generates a bunch of phantom GCRPt_x waypoints
- Delete the phantom waypoints
- Add HACKS waypoint (generates a bunch of phantom waypoints)

Extra Waypoints

The GCR waypoints are added to provide a Great Circle Route.  As soon as you add real waypoints, some or all of them will be deleted.

After adding RAMAY, try adding CAROL and GLD.  All the GCR points will be gone.

The GCR points are only added on long routes.

Dave

Ah, thanks for that explanation. I have only just recently started doing some long hauls so the *Great Circle* has been something I have seen referenced, but have not used or really delved into. Great, I will spend some time getting familiar with this feature.

Cheers,
Chris