Sign in to follow this  
stesma54

Scenery config editor 1000

Hi gentlemen,i have a question: can sce handle 1000+ sceneries? I'm asking because i added my 1000th airport to FSX and the number is stil 999 and the 1107 base scenery has been deleted (no big deal...its antarctica)

I'm a bit worried to add more sceneries,i wouldn't wont SCE keeps deleting some stuff.

Any suggestion, please?

Best Regards

Steve Smania

Will it do it if you do not use the Scenery Config Editor?  Try adding the scenery via the Scenery Library.  The Scenery Config Editor is not an official editor for FSX.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for answering me...After i added the 1000th scenery i ran FSTscenery.exe to correctly format the scenery.cfg and it gave me a warning message

"Area" Issues identified (Warnings)

Questionable Area designation: 
    Line 6999: [Area.1000]

and the 1107 base scenery disappeared

Is fstscenery.exe mandatory or can i avoid using it?

3 hours ago, stesma54 said:

Is fstscenery.exe mandatory or can i avoid using it?

I've never heard of it until now.  I did a search for fstscenery.exe on the Internet and found a lot of topics about it and lots of people having problems.  I would avoid it like the plague.

The Scenery Config Editor will also organize your scenery with the proper numerical sequence of Areas/Layers.  I manually open my fsx scenery.cfg once in a while and make sure the areas/layers are the same for each scenery and in numerical sequence.  When you have only 100 addons or more, you are asking for a lot of work because you have to try to place some scenery above or below others and still keep them in numerical order.  Having 1000 or more is really asking for issues.  But a lot of members like a lot of addon scenery and love to always keep it in the proper sequence (which really is not necessary) unless you start seeing anomalies.  Then you will have to look for Area/Layer 699 and make sure it is located under Area/Layer 742 or above it depending on where the scenery is located in the world. 

If any of the FSX default base areas disappear then you will need to reinstall FSX.  I think you are Number 1 with the number of addon sceneries.  I honestly did not think there were that many sceneries available for installation in FSX.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1000?!!!!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 minute ago, Rockliffe said:

1000?!!!!

that's what Ima thinking!

16 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

that's what Ima thinking!

I thought I had a lot with 100+ airports! :blink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

40 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

1000?!!!!

I don’t see how that is even possible to have 1000 entries, unless the OP is making a Scenery folder for every single modified AFCAD he installs. 

I own tons of addon scenery from most major developers and only have around 400 some entries in my cfg. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

34 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I own tons of addon scenery from most major developers and only have around 400 some entries in my cfg. 

Counting selectible sceneries (not counting default or Ultimate Terrain entries that are not airports) I may have about 150, but perhaps half or more of them are related to Megascenery Earth, either states or Hi Res cities.  I would say that 90% of my flights either originate or terminate at perhaps 30 airports.  The rest are airports I have either originated from or landed at, but are still there for "what-if-ever-again!"   

If you averaged 45 minute flights (mine average 1.9 hours) how many hours in flight would it take to be at 1,000 airports, coming or going?  Especially in "series" - where you land is where you next take off from.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I know simmers with more than 1500 entries...i'm wondering if it's possible and how to keep my scenery.cfg sorted out after adding a scenery, by sorted out meaning with the correct order number and with right " gaps" between entries.

Thanks again

Regards

12 hours ago, fppilot said:

Counting selectible sceneries (not counting default or Ultimate Terrain entries that are not airports) I may have about 150, but perhaps half or more of them are related to Megascenery Earth, either states or Hi Res cities.  I would say that 90% of my flights either originate or terminate at perhaps 30 airports.  The rest are airports I have either originated from or landed at, but are still there for "what-if-ever-again!"   

If you averaged 45 minute flights (mine average 1.9 hours) how many hours in flight would it take to be at 1,000 airports, coming or going?  Especially in "series" - where you land is where you next take off from.....

This was where my mind was wandering. Assume 15 minutes, a couple of pattern rounds at each...that is 250 hours of flying.

I like having plenty of choices:biggrin: and by the way i meant 1000 entries not airports. My bad

17 hours ago, stesma54 said:

I like having plenty of choices:biggrin: and by the way i meant 1000 entries not airports. My bad

I still don’t know how you could have that many entries? Have you downloaded just about every photoreal, freeware and addon scenery available to Man? How much HD space is your sim consuming with that many scenery packages?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

my FSX ssd is 730 GB (payware aircrafts included, like almost every Carenado and Alabeo stuff and many others)...and yes, i got almost every payware and a lot of very good freeware,not mentioning stuff i made myself.