Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Orbx 2018 Roadmap

I see they will also be releasing airports and photoreal regions for X-Plane 11, boy they are going to be a busy group!

Cheers

Martin

Nice.. It didn't look like much was planned photoreal wise in the US besides the Pc Northwest.  Is that the case?  My pc wasn't able to load the entire thread. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

My pc wasn't either - too many pics or something!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Great developer. I'm a loyal customer in P3Dv4 and since FSX, and I'm glad to see them going into XP11 too.  Perfect products for 64-bit!

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Looking really good...! No problems with those pics on my iPad. :happy: It’s one busy company...!

I was able to see the entire thread, perhaps you need to log into the Orbx forum? I stay logged in.

The photoreal PNW is exciting, and even adding some places I'll go such as Barrow AK and Spokane WA.  Very nice.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh that's cute, they think people are going to pay for photoreal scenery for X-Plane. What I'd really like to see is an ORBX Global equivalent for X-Plane, replacing all of the awful default textures so the world with new HD Mesh v4 looks better. Ortho4XP is really nice but isn't feasible to cover the whole world, not to mention all the inconsistencies with ortho imagery.

Not really excited about the P3D stuff at all. I wish they'd expand eastward with the regular region packs and cover the Midwest US and Great Lakes areas instead of rehashing existing ones.

• Upvote 4

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Looks amazing as anything that Orbx does, i always have that low expectation that one day they do anything for my country (Portugal), except the global products, a beautiful land that deserves more love in the simming community in my opinion. I will play 24h naked in the day they release any scenery for my country(hope they dont release anything in the winter).

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Impressive! But expected. Their track record is among the best in the community.

I'd also like to see ORBX regions or global textures converted for XP 11. By the time it happens maybe XP 11 will have a decent weather generator. Right now it leaves a lot to be desired.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Good Lord....omg...so many products and 2 new sims.  I already have 3 ssds on my pc (one for work, one for p3d, and the last one for fsx).  I will have to start saving up for having 1TB ssds (and yes, for sim I will run them in raid 0).  And then money to buy all of these eyecandy.  You need eye candy in VR!!!!!  This hobby is going to be very expensive in 2018.

Amazing Orbx!!!! I love them Orbx Products....

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Was really hoping to see buildings hd project finished up and Hawaii scenery.  Id also like  to see them overhaul the night lighting at some point and go east in USA with scenery.  Im a fan of their work but I think they are stretching themselves thin with all those other simulators. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, JasonW said:

Was really hoping to see buildings hd project

Forgot about that project for a minute, lol.

Personally, I was hoping for some updates on openLC Africa/Middle East and Asia.

I hope ORBX didn't move these to the back burner.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS