Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Orbx 2018 Roadmap

>Oh that's cute, they think people are going to pay for photoreal scenery for X-Plane.

Well, I can only speak for myself when I say that this particular prolithic XP-11 Ortho4XP user will gladly pay for Orbx photo-real that is all properly color matched, cleaned up, water masked, and with PROPER AUTOGEN applied in the correct locations, such as shown in the preview, especially being that I already have the P3d/FS versions of so many areas that provides me a 40% discount for the new content.

Also, I recently installed Orbx into Aerofly, and I can say that without any doubt at all, that is the BEST Orbx I have ever seen. It works better in that application than it ever did in the FS franchise, plus I have still yet to see the FPS drop below 160 (!) with all sliders full to the right. If you want to see a sample of Orbs in Aerofly, visit this thread....

I have long supported Orbx, and was a bit down to be honest because having 5 different Flight Sims on my computer I had come to the conclusion that at least 2 had to go, and the first victim was P3D. It was a tough decision not because I have been with the FS franchise since FS4 was first released (really dating myself here), but because I enjoyed the Orbx so much, especially PNW and Alaska. Now I am happy that I will be able to continue to enjoy and support them with both XP-11 and Aerofly.

• Upvote 2

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Orbx should finish the rest of the U.S. With actual regions.

Jeff 

• Upvote 2

Jeff

😀

2 hours ago, JasonW said:

Was really hoping to see buildings hd project finished up and Hawaii scenery.  Id also like  to see them overhaul the night lighting at some point and go east in USA with scenery. 

Agreed.  And some of those airport choices have me shaking my head.

• Upvote 3

Man, photoreal+autogen is a dream come true! This is how I've always imagined scenery to be like.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Very happy for the XP11 announcement. I have 4tb of Ortho, but would gladly pay for a hassle-free experience.

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

THat road map is a great surprise! Good to have ORBX add ons for XPlane now as well.

The photoreal PNW looks fantastic and might give me a reason to keep P3D around a while longer :gaul:

Not a complaint since everything looks impressive, and I'm glad to see the inclusion of XP11, but I guess that would push OLC for Eurasia, Africa, and Asia until 2019?  They also mentioned South America OLC would be followed up by some South American airports.

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

EGCB Manchester Barton for XP11, eh? I do hope that they convert this to P3D. It would be rather annoying to have UK airfields created for XP11, when they abandoned that product line rather abruptly for MS based flight simulators.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

The photoreal PNW looks fantastic and might give me a reason to keep P3D around a while longer :gaul:

You think?  I am glad they are coming to XP11 though.  Hopefully there will be a photoreal PNW for XP11.  Perhaps it's me but I don't see much difference with the current PNW and the photoreal version.  They already use selected photo real in the current product already.  Whatever it is, ouch for the pocket and ouch again for disk space with all those photoreal scenery.

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

47 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

EGCB Manchester Barton for XP11, eh? I do hope that they convert this to P3D. It would be rather annoying to have UK airfields created for XP11, when they abandoned that product line rather abruptly for MS based flight simulators.

Yep Barton for P3d 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

13 hours ago, t1270 said:

Orbx should finish the rest of the U.S. With actual regions.

Jeff 

Completely agree!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

There is a world outside of the U.S. Besides that, I think that the best regions to fly are already represented. The remaining states/territories are kinda flat and boring to fly imho. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, tgcbraun said:

There is a world outside of the U.S. Besides that, I think that the best regions to fly are already represented. The remaining states/territories are kinda flat and boring to fly imho. 

Mountains are not the only thing to look at in a sim. Imho they are overdoing Europe now.... what is is three or four  EU full fat regions in a row?

i

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB