Sign in to follow this  
N1G

xplane rc 11.12 released

Where do you find VR? I just downloaded and don't see any virtual reality settings.

I downloaded the 11.12 update and the update failed - indicated by a warning about the x-plane.exe.

When I reverted to 11.10 everything worked ok. It did say that x-plane.exe and planemaker.exe had to be overwritten.

I couldn't find a new x-plane.exe download on the XP website.

Anybody else have this problem.?

Jim Morgan

VR is still in private beta testing, not yet available for public beta. (per Ben's Dev blog).

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

That's what I thought, and my copy says 11.11r2 not 12. I just flew the default Cessna for the last hour, when I first started after downloaded program crashed but I restarted and everyone works more than fine. I don't know how anyone could fault the default Cessna, flies wonderfully and right on the numbers. Climbs out at right around 70 knots + or - at about 900fpm again + or -. Trims beautifully with the Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel. I can't fault this plane at all. Flew around Oklahoma City, my home 20 for about an hour at 6000' AGL IAS at 100 knots @ 2300 rpm leaned to 50 degree rich. Wonderful experience in MHO. I realize opinions may and will differ, but I for one am as happy as a lark. :gaul:

• Upvote 1

Release Candidate 2

Restored 25 knots minimum stall speed to AP.

XPD-8725 Crash while entering information in the X-Plane 1000 navigation system.

XPD-8727 Flight Loop Failure Upon Return At End of Function.

John Wingold

I am pretty sure VR is included in this release, however only the private beta group gets access.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Again... This was posted in Ben's December 9 post:

The next major patch of X-Plane will be 11.20; it will feature native VR support for the Oculus Rift and Vive on Windows, and the beta is coming very soon.

John

John Wingold

12 minutes ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

Again... This was posted in Ben's December 9 post:

The next major patch of X-Plane will be 11.20; it will feature native VR support for the Oculus Rift and Vive on Windows, and the beta is coming very soon.

John

Yep, but there's a private beta ahead of that and it only makes sense to roll it out in 11.11 and only have private beta user access it.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB