Sign in to follow this  
Jake Spellacy

E170/175

The only things that the various MS-derived simulators (FS9, FSX, FSX-SE, P3d1-4 and FSW) share at this point are OS (Windows) and file formats such as MDL, BGL, AIR etc.. And the consistency of the file formats is even diverging. As to code similarities, no one knows except the specific developers.

27 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Unfortunately P3D is far from being the latest technology.

I think he was referring to the new features in the PDK that weren’t there before, not to the sim having the latest technology.

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Unfortunately P3D is far from being the latest technology. Anyone that has flown other simulators know that. It is still FSX at its core. What makes it special are the addons, such as the PMDG birds.

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I think he was referring to the new features in the PDK that weren’t there before, not to the sim having the latest technology.

Yup, wasn‘t sure how to express it in english... I meant the latest tech of FSX/P3D. 

Of course there are other simulators that are way better depending on what you look at. DCS has amazing helicopter physics for example. IL2 looks beautifully, so does XP, but XP for example misses a lot of other things, seasonal textures etc etc. P4D is the most complete in general for me. And it has improved a lot since 2006‘ FSX and to build a new addon using those improvements WILL limit its use in FSX for sure.. be it just the visual things. FSX doesn‘t even have cockpit shadows without the Dx10 fixer (fixer!!).. 

EFB on 32bit? Airport map on 32bit? Rainmaker won‘t exist as it‘s using the possibilities of P4D and so on... 

many scenery developers have dropped FSX and I personally expect major aircraft devs to do that too very soon.

I've gotta buy more popcorn since the lovely movie of waiting for PMDG birds is still showing :lope_you:...  Gonna die being hungry stuck at the -8 the first day I get it :lope_you: