Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

GPS needle always points 20-30 deg left or right of desired course

On any given leg, including while on the ground, the purple GPS needle is always pointed 20-30 degrees left or right of the actual course as shown on the GPS?

One cannot adjust the GPS needle so I can't fix it & don't know why this is happening.

If it is not the crab angle from wind it may be the arrow is pointing to the point at the end of the great circle route. How far away is your waypoint? This was the explanation given for another payware aircraft I own; I kinda think it may be un-optimized gauge coding or such since not all aircraft do this. Are you using P3Dv4 as I am? Does your aircraft track the nav line good?

Matt 

Nah its not a slant range thing, and its not crabbing. It is actually pointing to a course that would make an opposite effect. Yeah v4 & it does track it, it just points 30 deg to the right while Im flying s/l, regardless of wind.