Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

SSG E-195 now available

Guest Mik75

The new E195 Evolution for XP11 by SSG is available at x-plane.org:

I love their E170, but the „Evolution“ series (the features of the new E195 will be available as an update for the E170) seems to have many improvements, including the FMC! 

Edited by tonywob
Edit: Removed link to purchase

They look a nice (and simple) aircraft to get into. But I don't particularly like their cockpit textures. They just seem grey and flat. Like they simply paint the panels grey or something. Not like a real aircraft. This is only from pictures, of course, so I could be wrong. I like the way Carenado does it - extremely real looking cockpits.

Am I wrong? I am keen to be talked into getting a copy - the FF 320 seems like it won't be out this year, so need something else to keep me going!

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Guest Mik75
7 hours ago, kneighbour said:

They look a nice (and simple) aircraft to get into. But I don't particularly like their cockpit textures. They just seem grey and flat. Like they simply paint the panels grey or something. Not like a real aircraft. This is only from pictures, of course, so I could be wrong. I like the way Carenado does it - extremely real looking cockpits.

Am I wrong? I am keen to be talked into getting a copy - the FF 320 seems like it won't be out this year, so need something else to keep me going!

Oh, I wouldn’t want to talk you into something. But I can tell you, that I have the E170 Evolution, and it’s a very nice aircraft to fly. The FMC isn’t the real deal, but it’s a well functioning approximation that you can use for online flying without problems! The auto flight system is pretty complete (with its own Embraer logic that one has to get used to), as are all the displays and synoptics. The outside model is absolutely fantastic (model and texture wise), and the 3D cockpit may look a bit new and generic, but it gives me a really nice immersion and it’s a good functioning „work place“. The E195 should offer all of that, plus big fixes and some additional features as well. I’ll get a copy of it anytime soon! 

is the e195 just an extended version of the 170? i was gonna buy the twin pack, but never flown one of these planes, i am only familiar with boeing and airbus, i don't want to cross over to another heavy aircraft if it takes hours to learn, any thoughts from anyone?

Guest Mik75
1 hour ago, Patriot3810 said:

is the e195 just an extended version of the 170? i was gonna buy the twin pack, but never flown one of these planes, i am only familiar with boeing and airbus, i don't want to cross over to another heavy aircraft if it takes hours to learn, any thoughts from anyone?

Basically, yes. If you’ve never flown an Embraer jet, you’ll need a bit of time to get used to the auto flight system and the FMC. But if you’re familiar with Airbus and Boeing, it shouldn’t take too much time. These small jets are a lot of fun to fly. I like using them for my shorter, not so heavily frequented routes across Europe. 

thank you for the reply, i will go ahead and pick it up, i was looking for a plane for 100-200 mile hops to practice heavy landings, these should work well for me then, thanks again.

i went ahead and purchased the e170 and e195 together for 65.00, thats pretty good for 2 planes, now 300 pages of documentation to print out and read, i loaded the e195 up in x-plane 11, it's a nice bird, the only thing i don't like is the rain effects are strange on the windshield compared to jar design and flight factor aircrafts, i also noticed nimbus atlanta was given an overhaul today and comes with world traffic ground routes and now has all gates and parking included. thanks again, have a happy holidays my friend.

Guest Mik75
6 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

i went ahead and purchased the e170 and e195 together for 65.00, thats pretty good for 2 planes, now 300 pages of documentation to print out and read, i loaded the e195 up in x-plane 11, it's a nice bird, the only thing i don't like is the rain effects are strange on the windshield compared to jar design and flight factor aircrafts, i also noticed nimbus atlanta was given an overhaul today and comes with world traffic ground routes and now has all gates and parking included. thanks again, have a happy holidays my friend.

Happy holiday for you too, buddy! And have a lot of fun! ;-) I’ll get this bird too, anytime soon! 

16 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

..print out

:laugh:

-Roland

I have recently had the chance to do a LPPT - LPPS cockpit ride in a TAP Emb 195. 

Was very positively impressed. The TAP 195 is certefied for Cat iii b and has the HUD for that. 

I starred at the instruments panel, where the MCP has  no dial windows - took me a while to get accustomed to it, while visualising the Airbus and Boeing I am more familiar with...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...