Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Chase plane panning

Just curious what everyone uses to pan in their vc or change views using chaseplane.  Right now, I use the hat switch on my t.1600 stick to pan, the 6 buttons on the bottom right I set to switch to different views with the vc (fslabs 320 captain view, overhead, Mcdu, etc) and the bottom left are set for wing views and outside views.  I was just curious how others are set up. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I’ve seen a lot of people assigning views to their number pad or keys they never use, and using their hat switches or their mouse for panning.

I've set several views (made it publicly available to the community) and use various joysticks buttons (X52 plus two gamepads alike) for assigning them, but I've also deleted the default pan hat command from P3D and setup myself the pan functionality within ChasePlane (treated as independent axis).

BTW I don't use mouse and zooming either.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

You can set muti views to the same key/button.

E.G.

Captain look/pan right

I have 6 to look to the right.

Use your normal default view, make a new one to look a little right set to a button that you think is right(one you push right) then from that view, one looking more right etc. All on the same button. Then you can press that one button to pan though all your right VC views. Easy.

Set view up in groups all on there own buttons.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I've set several views (made it publicly available to the community) and use various joysticks buttons (X52 plus two gamepads alike) for assigning them, but I've also deleted the default pan hat command from P3D and setup myself the pan functionality within ChasePlane (treated as independent axis).

BTW I don't use mouse and zooming either.

What are the benefits of deleting the default pan command and setting it up within Chaseplane?  How does one do that?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On 21/12/2017 at 7:29 AM, Nyxx said:

You can set muti views to the same key/button.

E.G.

Captain look/pan right

I have 6 to look to the right.

Use your normal default view, make a new one to look a little right set to a button that you think is right(one you push right) then from that view, one looking more right etc. All on the same button. Then you can press that one button to pan though all your right VC views. Easy.

Set view up in groups all on there own buttons.

As to me, I know that, it worked that way in Opus as well. It's just that I prefer one single button to each single view.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

On 21/12/2017 at 11:51 AM, Zimmerbz said:

What are the benefits of deleting the default pan command and setting it up within Chaseplane?  How does one do that?

At least in my rig the default pan command did NOT work well with ChasePlane. Throughout all these decades of flightsimming I've never done that, up to now. Considering that I always use ChasePlane it wasn't traumatising making this change really, it just works the same way.

First you have to delete de default one from P3D and the set it via ChasePlane's configuration menu which deals with assignments of buttons and axis. Pretty simple.

Just as a side note, considering that I have a third joystick (it's a strange, big, kind of gamepad actually) and it has a stick I assigned the default pan view command of P3D to it, should I revert for some reason to a default view, or ChasePlane stops working suddenly, in any event I rarely use it.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Xbox 360 controller.  It's absolutely perfect for intuitively and smoothly operating ChasePlane cameras.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM