Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

2.4.0.2 stuffed up

Installed the new 2.4.0.2 today. Many problems - unusable. Probably all linked to the fact that it no longer Connects to X-Plane correctly. First off, it took a few attempts to get it to fire up - it either took a long time or it just won't load. One time it even came up on the right monitor! I had thought that you had fixed that problem - but no - the next attempt it was back to the wrong monitor again.

When you try to connect (press the Connect button), you get messages like"Simulator Connected, Recognition Engine Installed and Grammars loaded". Which is good. But the Connect button does not turn green. The power button does turn green and the radio labels come alive. But the yellow aircraft symbol does not appear on the map and you cannot get the File function to work.

I restarted P2A a few times. No change. Gave up. Took off and midflight tried the Connect button a few more times. One time it came good and turned green. Then the yellow aircraft symbol appeared and it seemed to move correctly. But you still could not get the File function to work. When you press the button, nothing happens. Also - even though the aircraft symbol is moving ok, the progress down the Flight Plan screen is not working. Progress seems to be stuck at the destination.

I had not noticed it before - and it is no big deal - but the caption on the Connect button (when it says 'Connected' is too big - the 'd' wraps around onto line 2.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Are you running the program as Administrator?  Sounds like a data access issue or problem accessing info on the web.

Not specifically, but there is only one user on my computer (me) and I am administrator. 2.4.0.0 had no issues. But I watched a bit more carefully this time. It does take some time for the "Checking licence status" to complete - about 15 seconds. At least the first time. Subsequent startups are pretty fast.

But I fired up XP and P2A again this morning, and everything seems to be working ok. Except I notice that the Verify flight plan button caption is garbled. it says (I think)  "Vs#*ate". I restarted P2A many times last night with no benefit. Something must be different today, so that is good.

One thing - I saw that another user had this problem with this version. If you click on the Verify button without tuning the COM radio to something valid (clearance?), the program hangs with the circling cursor. It is also disconcerting to not have anything in the Speech Assistant - perhaps a message somewhere saying that you need to dial in a frequency would be helpful? The same with the File button, I guess.

While I am making suggestions - it would be convenient if you provided different export paths for different systems. You provide one path on the Flt Pln screen now. But I can export to X-Plane and also the GTN-750. Totally different paths.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

The circling cursor indicates the program is busy.  It may be taking a minute or so to download elevations and/or weather the first time you Validate.  There is no requirement to be tuned to a valid frequency until you call for clearance.  You just have to be connected to the SIM before you can File....and there is a message for that one.

For export paths, you can set up Quick Access links in Windows explorer and those are available when you go to export your flight plans.  So put the path you use the most in P2A and then have the other in your Quick Access links.

Dave

I am very new to Pilot2ATC (5 days trial left). I have updated to 2.4.0.2 and XP 11.11 both today, with 7 Cereproc voices.  I had a good flight yesterday before the updates. But today, the connect does not go green (have re-started and ran P2ATC As Administrator). I get the spinning progress bar when trying to file a flight plan and a route is not suggested to me, it only lists the dept/arr airports I entered manually.

Incidentally I have not had P2ATC crash with the Cereproc voices (windows 10 64 bit, latest ring/release/build). But I have had issues with '%windir%\System32\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl' not recognising the Cereproc voices while P2ATC is running, and closing either it & sometimes also XP corrects the issue. Suspect my setup but not sure.

Pilot2ATC does not build routes.  It will suggest the procedures (SID/STAR/Approach) if you have the ATC Assigns xxx options checked and use AutoPlan. 

You can import routes from sites like OnlineFlightPlanner.org using the FP Import button then use Autoplan to add the procedures.  You will get the spinning cursor when you first use Autoplan as it is doing massive calculations to get the recommended procedures.  Might take up to a minute on a powerful PC, longer on a not so powerful one.

Enjoy the trial.

Dave

Thanks, I rolled back to 2.4.0.1 and the connection goes green now, and File generates the flight plan in a few seconds (KLAS-KLAX). 

Not sure why I sometimes lose the Cereproc voice recognition in windows while P2ATC is running, I have tried a few different things. My next suspect is waking PC from Sleep my be at fault, reboot fixes it. Not sure if language settings matter, I tried settings everything to US with a reboot, and everything with UK with a reboot and no change to functionality in P2ATC either way.

I shall report back anything interesting I find!

Merry Christmas!

Hey Dave. I have exactly the same symptoms as the OP. No AC symbol and no centring of the map. I can normally make one call to ATC and get a reply (engine start clearance) and that will be the only time I get an answer. Subsequent calls are sometimes heard by the programme (they show as green in the comms window but I will get no answer). I've tried running as administrator and reinstalling but no luck. I've also tried 4 different airports KSEA, KPAE etc all of which worked fine in the previous version.

Thanks Dave

It sounds like your PC resources (CPU, Memory or Disk) are being over utilized.  Several users have found that the new version will not run on their older PCs.  Is it running on the same PC as your SIM? 

Are you running 2.4.0.2?

Also, when you first start the PC, there's a good chance some heavy duty background processes are scanning for viruses or doing other long running tasks.  These can eat up the resources to a point that P2A cannot function.  Be sure none of these processes are running.  You can check all this in Task Manager.

Dave

On 12/22/2017 at 8:54 PM, vitojethro said:

Thanks, I rolled back to 2.4.0.1 and the connection goes green now, and File generates the flight plan in a few seconds (KLAS-KLAX). 

Not sure why I sometimes lose the Cereproc voice recognition in windows while P2ATC is running, I have tried a few different things. My next suspect is waking PC from Sleep my be at fault, reboot fixes it. Not sure if language settings matter, I tried settings everything to US with a reboot, and everything with UK with a reboot and no change to functionality in P2ATC either way.

I shall report back anything interesting I find!

Merry Christmas!

They do matter, a little. I found the the Grammar helper Windows training window only pops up when I have US set as a language as follows (I'm from the UK):

- Run '%windir%\System32\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl' & set the Speech Recognition Language to 'Microsoft Speech Recogniser 8.0 for Windows English - US' (originally was set to UK).

- Add "English (United States)" as a second language in Windows Region & Language, NOT set as default - I left the default language as English (United Kingdom).

- I also left Windows Speech Language as English (United Kingdom) & all other keyboard/date settings as UK as well.

The 2.4.0.4 version seems to have fixed all of my problems. So far so good!