Sign in to follow this  
MichaelO_Leary

No load states showing

image.png

Harvey Wilson

I am very new to PMDG and P3D.

I have P3D and Microsoft FSX Steam. I recently installed P3D v3 and I wanted a 737, so I bought the PMDG 737. I've installed the PMDG 737 but it automatically goes to the FSX steam folder, so I manually have to moved the plane and it 'gauges' to the P3D folder, and the relevant files in SimObjects to make it work in P3D. The plane is working fine, but when I went on YouTube to try and look to follow some tutorials on how to get started, everything was fine until I got to the point of using the electronic setup panel. Normally when you click it then PMDG Setup, there are options like Long, Short, Default, but for me I don't see anything. How do you fix this, please help?

I am also having a lot of other problems with my FMC, like when I want to put in my current airport and I enter the correct four-letter code of one it just says' NOT IN DATA BASE'.

Please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Harvey,

I will try to answer to your problem, although i am not official PMDG staff ...

You said you manually moved some folders to the P3D-installation.  Probably some folders and files are left over, or are not initialised due to that manual move when first start the simulator.

I would recommend submitting a ticket via this link, create a new account and explain your problem, maybe someone will help you then...

Especially from pmdg-staff it would be respectful when they - in addition to the warning to delete the posts - still give help to someone new to the forum ...

Sorry if this message does not translate what I want to say, English is not my native language, Google translate is my best friend ...

13 minutes ago, headley said:

Especially from pmdg-staff it would be respectful when they - in addition to the warning to delete the posts - still give help to someone new to the forum ...

Part of the point of asking people to sign posts is to avoid giving support to people until we verify who they are...so...no. :smile:

...and if I may, I suggest that you have a look at the rules for participating in the forum, with specific reference to Point 4, last sentence.

Kyle Rodgers

10 minutes ago, MichaelO_Leary said:

I made the signature, so can the question be answered now?

Sure - I don't see you in our system. Might you have used a different name?

Kyle Rodgers

Customer or not: manually moving the files from one simulator to the other can not work. That‘s why it is called an installation... the files need to be registered in the registry and so on, files have to be written in other parts of the sim like the user datas... and.. so... on. If it installs automatically into steam and you cant manage it, open a ticket for official support... 

7 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

If it installs automatically into steam and you cant manage it, open a ticket for official support...

Think, for a moment, on why someone might expect something to go into P3D, but it goes into Steam, and then think about how our products and licenses work...and why I might be holding out on providing steps. I'd ask that you do the same, please.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Think, for a moment, on why someone might expect something to go into P3D, but it goes into Steam, and then think about how our products and licenses work...and why I might be holding out on providing steps. I'd ask that you do the same, please.

Ah... right... didnt think of the different licenses  *oups* 

LOL...I see we gonna go around one block.....

Happened to me once and can't even remember why and only on NGX. Not a big deal, either find the old file or easiest way is to make new one yourself and the way you want it. I made my own (BTW same as PMDG) cold and dark, saved it and that's it.

Alex