Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

ImagineSim KATL update

From their Facebook:

- Gigantic improvement in performance using procedures optimized for Prepar3D V4.

- Framerate speeds up by over double compared with previous Prepar3D version. Tripled and more when compared to FSX version.

- Dynamic lighting option.

- New and improved scenery configurator tool.

- Comprehensive ground and building recompile using latest Prepar3D V4 SDK 64 bit resources.

- 10.2 mile square coverage of the KATL area.

- Ultra-low simulator impact.

Free to all existing Prepar3D and FSX customers.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, B777ER said:

Released?

not yet, but early in new year, according to their Facebook page

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I think it's still WIP and they're not far away, I wouldn't be surprised if this gets released right after the holidays.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I’m going to wait for the FlyTampa version. It seems like this was rushed out of the gate to beat FT’s version to market and make it look more appealing vs their previous version. Nothing against Imagineism, they make some great products, but they’re no FlyTampa.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’m going to wait for the FlyTampa version. It seems like this was rushed out of the gate to beat FT’s version to market and make it look more appealing vs their previous version. Nothing against Imagineism, they make some great products, but they’re no FlyTampa.

How do you know that it was rushed? Maybe they've worked on it for a while? Also, there was no official announcement from FT on Atlanta as far as I know, unless I missed it.

Jacek G.

Seeing its free to existing users I'm defiantly going to try it out but I will also wait for the FlyTampa reviews. To be honest ImagineSim hasn't been killing it lately with there scenery releases and FlyTampa has yet to make a v4 installer for there existing scenery. Seems FB and FSDT seem to be the only two developers make a signification update when it comes to v4. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

Also, there was no official announcement from FT on Atlanta as far as I know, unless I missed it.

It's on the map on the front page of their website. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

How do you know that it was rushed? Maybe they've worked on it for a while? Also, there was no official announcement from FT on Atlanta as far as I know, unless I missed it.

There was no news on ATL until FT announced theirs, which prompted a post from Imagineism saying how their next project after Singapore will be a new version of ATL. They have Singapore in the works, yet devote time to updating ATL. Everything about that seems rushed to beat FlyTampa’s ATL to market. 

• Upvote 1

I will probably give it a try but I am anxiously awaiting the FT version.   I have had the dastardly 20 second pause when approaching or outbound from KATL that I was unable to get get rid of no matter what I did or how many times I reinstalled the airport. 

12 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

FlyTampa has yet to make a v4 installer for there existing scenery

Those updates will come in 2018, with airports being recompiled for v4 with new installers. They already have patches up so it isn’t such a big deal, why make a new installer when the scenery hasn’t been recompiled. FlyTampa aren’t about cutiting corners like that, if they’re going to do something then they’re going to do it right.

FT had dots on their website map in the past and the project plans were scrapped and dots removed. Just saying as I didn't see an actual post from them regarding Atlanta.

Jacek G.

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

FT had dots on their website map in the past and the project plans were scrapped and dots removed. Just saying as I didn't see an actual post from them regarding Atlanta.

True, but they usually disappear within a few weeks of them appearing if they’re cancelled, they usually don’t last this long if they’re about to be cancelled. Haneda didn’t even last 12 hours:laugh:

28 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Those updates will come in 2018, with airports being recompiled for v4 with new installers. They already have patches up so it isn’t such a big deal, why make a new installer when the scenery hasn’t been recompiled. FlyTampa aren’t about cutiting corners like that, if they’re going to do something then they’re going to do it right.

I already know about that patches and I’m correct in they don’t have  a v4 installer yet. Noticed I stated YET in my earlier topic. I didn’t say anywhere that they weren’t going to make one later down the road. We can see from your posting your passionate about FlyTampa but your coming across overbearing to a simple discussion.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I already know about that patches and I’m correct in they don’t have  a v4 installer yet. Noticed I stated YET in my earlier topic. I didn’t say anywhere that they weren’t going to make one later down the road. We can see from your posting your passionate about FlyTampa but your coming across overbearing to a simple discussion.

My apologies if I am, that isn't my intention. I was simply aiming to inform of the reason that they haven't built installers yet.