Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

RealAtc Files

Is there a trick to get RealAtc files to work in RCv4? I try to copy them over in the right folder but they are never played.

Chris Chiozza

25 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Is there a trick to get RealAtc files to work in RCv4? I try to copy them over in the right folder but they are never played.

If they are for a specific airport you need to create the correct folder structure. I added wav files for EGCC many moons ago so if you have those then look at the folder structure. From memory there is a parent folder named with the ICAO of the airport (EGCC for mine) then separate folders for Approach, Ground, Tower and Departure. You need to place the relevant wav files into each folder and then click Pre-recorded chatter in Options.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No, these are just generic chatter files, not specific airport. I tried to put CD files in the CD folder under USA but nothing happens. I removed the stock ones to see if they would play.

Chris Chiozza

They probably need to be a certain type of wav file. It’s been 11 years since I did mine so my memory is a bit rusty. Look at the attributes of an existing one that works. You’ll probably need to convert yours to the same format.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good idea, they are all .wav files but I am not sure if the recording format is the same. I know I used them before thats why I bought them but you know how memory is...:biggrin: THanks

Chris Chiozza

4-bit mono springs to mind but I’ll check tomorrow and confirm. You’ll need some kind of batch file editor in a sound program to convert. Audacity might work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes, I think I can do that. I swear I used them before and I thought I just dropped them in..

Chris Chiozza

I've checked the sample rate for various wav files and the addon ATC ones differ to the supplied pilot & controller ones. So providing the folder structure is correct you should hear them played when appropriate. The bit rate is not an issue.

If you continue to have problems give details of the placement of the wav files and the folder structure they're in.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather