Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

How accurate is this top 5 List of Addon Aircraft

Hi - I am one of the developers of the IXEG 737.

All of the mentioned aircraft are great, I am sure and everyone´s preferences vary - but I want to stop the unfounded rumours of the IXEG 737 not being ready for XP11:

The current version of the IXEG 737 (v1.2) is fully compatible with X-Plane 11.10.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 5

Guest Mik75

I have and love all of the aircraft addons on that list. I’d like to add the SSG E170 (and now E195) für shorter hops and not so heavily frequented routes in Europe. And I’d like to add, that the IXEG B733 is a pure work of art! While it isn’t perfect in the VNAV department yet (although everything one needs to do proper online flying works), its immersion factor is 10/10 for me. Due to its whole look and feel, the excellent graphics, the superb flight model, its fluidity, the absolute true to life displays, fonts, etc., and the best sounds I’ve ever heard in an commercial aircraft addon, the whole result is the closest experience, one can get to the real thing in any desktop flightsim platform! No matter from which sim and aircraft I come back to the IXEG B733, and no matter how many times I’ve flown this aircraft all over the world on IVAO and VATSIM, it gives me this „wow“ moment! And it just feels so natural to look around, grab and flick those switches, fly procedures and landings, etc. in its cockpit. For me, it’s THE best commercial aircraft simulation for any sim! 

Don't get the IXEG 733 as it is not for XP 11 and who knows when it will be updated

My earlier comments (above) about the IXEG 733 are now outdated. The current version of XP 11 seems to work pretty well with it. It is one of my favorite aircraft, so this is good news for me as well.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I have been having a blast in the Zibo modded 737X. Add the sound mod and texture mod and for free it's pretty damn amazing. Constantly updated, sometimes so quickly I cannot keep up lol. It has been out just over a year and now has a dedicated group developing and improving with every release. I have 6 other very nice payware airliners and have been flying this more lately than any of the others.

For GA I can highly recommend the Aerobask products. I picked up the Pipestral Panthera and love it. It is a single engine GA with full glass cockpit and full SID/STARS capability. Handles beautifully as well. 

Just my two cents, Welcome to the community you are in for a treat. Wait until you discover Ortho4XP you will be blown away. I retired my FSX & P3d V2 about 10 months ago and now have a dedicated XP11 machine. Oh and by the way if it ever goes wrong it is so easy too fix !  

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

5 hours ago, kneighbour said:

My earlier comments (above) about the IXEG 733 are now outdated.

Slightly. The official X-Plane 11 update with PBR, code changes, and livery changes came out 5 months ago. I'm not sure how you missed that, but for you to even keep your original post active on page one of this topic stating otherwise is pretty unfair.

Founder of X-Aviation

Zibo Mod is quite cool.  Just installed it with sound package.  I can't get the RG mod to work (it crashes).

Do these birds from IXEG and FF get on sale? especially during this period.

Transition from FSX/P3Dv4 is going to be slightly challenging.  Honestly all those systems are going to be kept due to payware addons have been bought

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Saab 340 has being updated for 11.1 to make it compatible, just waiting for it to show up in store.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:08 PM, Skywolf said:

Wow, Thank you for clarifying that for me.  I really thought X-plane.org was the official store for X-plane.  Like the corporate entity owning *.com and *.org domain

That is very confusing, how did X-plane devs did not buy the .org domain too when the official site got created.  Quite amusing and confusing

Wow, sorry, seems my connection had issues, sorry for multiple posts!

Edited by be77solo
net issues

Wow, Thank you for clarifying that for me.  I really thought X-plane.org was the official store for X-plane.  Like the corporate entity owning *.com and *.org domain

That is very confusing, how did X-plane devs did not buy the .org domain too when the official site got created.  Quite amusing and confusing

*delete* sorry!

The two big "stores" for X-Plane are to me the most frustrating part of the whole X-Plane sim world ha...  It's been enough in the past to simply drive me back to FSX/P3D with nothing to do with the actual XP sim.

But, to answer your question, I'd vote for the FF 757 v2 Extended or IXEG 737 for airliner stuff.... both are simply fantastic (honestly, I enjoy the IXEG 737 better than my PMDG 737), with each FF and IXEG offering their own great features so I'd hate to have to pick just one.  Both also work great for me in XP11, no issues at all.

One you didn't mention, but is also a must have in my opinion, is the LES Saab 340 .  It might be one of my all time favorite sim aircraft ever.  It's currently been updated for XP11 support, but we are waiting for the store to release the package.  It's a must buy when released.  So many fond hours flying it in XP10.

GA wise, look into the REP stuff, it's a great addition that basically makes a few Caranado planes A2A level and is well supported by the developer.  Also, once updated to XP11, which should be soon as well, check out the SMS DHC-2 Beaver.  It's a fabulous plane in it's own right, but also has some community mods that make it truly exceptional.

Enjoy and have fun!

On 12/23/2017 at 4:26 AM, Cameron XA said:

Slightly. The official X-Plane 11 update with PBR, code changes, and livery changes came out 5 months ago. I'm not sure how you missed that, but for you to even keep your original post active on page one of this topic stating otherwise is pretty unfair.

I would have removed my original post, but it seems I cannot - I cannot even edit it.

But in my defense - the last time I tried the 733 in XP 11.05 it was unusable and I do have the latest version. It seems that the problems were with XP and not the IXEG. I think quite a few planes had ground handling problems around that time as well.

I was also having problems with the SAAB, so I am hoping those problems have been fixed as well. Will check that out today. Mind you, I am keenly waiting for the new version!

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

5 hours ago, kneighbour said:

I would have removed my original post, but it seems I cannot - I cannot even edit it.

But in my defense - the last time I tried the 733 in XP 11.05 it was unusable and I do have the latest version. It seems that the problems were with XP and not the IXEG. I think quite a few planes had ground handling problems around that time as well.

I was also having problems with the SAAB, so I am hoping those problems have been fixed as well. Will check that out today. Mind you, I am keenly waiting for the new version!

Please understand this, xplane 11 went a long way to try fix issues with the turboprop model, so dont expect any to operat correctly till they have being update to the11.1 relesae. Saab is  due next week or so.

I’ll third the LES Saab 340 when updated, mention an update for the X-aviation Mu-2 is also eminent, as is the update for the DreamFoil EMB110. All very good XP aircraft (turboprops and regional jets). 

I've already recommended the SMS Beaver when v2 is offered (whenever that might finally be), as well as the hopefully soon v2 of the Twotter. 

For a super simple, but VERY well done small Jet, the Aerobask Eclipse 550 NG is very good. The in house avionics are excellent. 

I'm going to revise my inclusion of the ASDG Super Cub. It’s got problems. I have hope they will be addressed. 

Top modern aircraft on my list are IXEG 737 and FF320 (still beta). After that  I'd prefer Rotate MD-80 and the rest of FF aircraft.

I tested both 737 and MD-80 with my friend (who has type rated for both AC) and he was very impressed. Unfortunately, I put aside  temporarily IXEG as it crashes randomly every so often. I suspect that stability issues comes with FMC reading Navigraph database. I'm anxiously waiting for 1.21 which hopefully will resolve those issues.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI