Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21DEC17] A quick wander through a few reflections...

Captains,

Here in the USA things are winding down quickly toward Christmas and New Year, so we are in the period of time where traditional office staff thins out and most everyone takes advantage of some vacation time to travel and visit family.  The core of what most of you know as PMDG is scattered around the globe, but PMDG, being part of a larger grouping of companies I own, maintains a small office here in northern Virginia.  From here we have a small administrative team to help me and the lovely Dr. Randazzo run the more than half dozen businesses that make up our little contribution to economic growth- but the staff are mostly gone for the holidays.

It was very quiet throughout the entire building that is normally teaming with businesses and people going about their interactions and day-to-day affairs.  There was no trouble parking at the curb, no wait for the elevator, nobody to greet going through reception and nobody to avoid while passing the conference rooms we share with other companies on our floor.

I stopped long enough to grab some coffee (we finally have a Nespresso machine!) and to change the channel on both TVs in the cafe.  (Normally they are tuned to news:  One to Fox and the other to CNN, so my quiet revolution is to put them both on The Disney Channel in hopes that they might encourage some of the lawyers in the building to find a bit of happiness in their lives.)

The conference room is encased in glass, and has a spectacular view of the Masonic Temple here in Alexandria.  In summer when you look through this window, you normally see teams of brides-to-be being directed by photographers trying to capture their original, uniquely perfect moment with an identical backdrop to all of the other brides posed precariously on the side of the hill leading up to the temple-  but today the weather has turned cold.  I noticed the yellow-pinkish haze that portends a chance of snow flurries and chuckled, thinking of all the reshade/Envtex posts I've seen during the past year trying to capture that very lighting.  (Some of them doing so quite well, in fact!)

Most of my work is done from the office in my house, as it affords me the flexibility of quiet, if I can tune out the friendly banter between developers on the PMDG team, who are also working from home.  The team at the office does an exceptional job of keeping on top of the various administrivia that flows through the front door, and someone always sorts and stacks the mail, leaving it out for me to collect.

Today there was only one item to be found, but it made me smile because 2017 has been a fantastic year for all of us who love airplanes and simming.  The year has been very good to all of us here at PMDG and we are very excited about our delivery plans for 2018.

Today's mail is a good omen for 2018.

MaxPic001.jpg

Merry Christmas, everyone- from all of us, to all of you.

• Upvote 35

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Dave,

I recommend not yelling out those same words when out with a date...   :cool:

Just some helpful advice from your ol' buddy, Rob.

• Upvote 17

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Happy holidays to all of you near the Masonic Temple from all of us near the Mormon Temple, up at the opposite end of the Beltway.

Oh, and... as the graffiti on the nearby railroad bridge used to say...  "Surrender, Dorothy!"

90274cc68150fefee533cda9d79b4037--mormon

• Upvote 1

Thought about some exciting news but tbh, a MAX letter is always a good omen for 2018!

Enjoy your days through christmas and have a good new year!
I will be sure to see you all guys back in 2018!

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

2 minutes ago, Alan_A said:

Happy holidays to all of you near the Masonic Temple from all of us near the Mormon Temple, up at the opposite end of the Beltway.

haha - you'd be surprised at how many people confuse the two. My brother used to live in Alexandria, so I'd hear people walking around talking about the wrong one all the time. Didn't realize you were local. Nice! I'm up in Bethesda a bunch. Not Silver Spring, but close.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Living right under the approach path of the US Launch Customer's home base, I'm going to love "Maxing" out my flight time in the plane your very subtle hints suggest we'll be flying in the hopefully near future.

Thanks PMDG for all the great planes you've given us thus far....2018 looks bright for the simming world!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all at PMDG.

Thank you for the wonderful products that you have created and that you will continue to give

Kind regards

22 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Dave,

I recommend not yelling out those same words when out with a date...   :cool:

Just some helpful advice from your ol' buddy, Rob.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!  VERY true - BUT if I were out on a date the Mrs would have much more to say and I would have MUCH more to worry about!!

Happy holidays - blue skies and tailwinds 

16 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

haha - you'd be surprised at how many people confuse the two.

I know better... but have to confess I almost made that mistake when I was looking for the image.  "Masonic Temple in Kensington?  No... that's not right..."

17 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Didn't realize you were local. Nice! I'm up in Bethesda a bunch. Not Silver Spring, but close.

Yes, got here ten years ago - my wife joined the feds, I'm a camp follower.  Almost landed in Silver Spring.  But Bethesda's a good solution for a born-and-raised New Yorker.

Hope you have great holidays - and watch out for the twelve or fifteen new construction sites the next time you're here... :cool:

Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous New year to all!

Greg 

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Merry X-MAX...     :cool:

• Upvote 5

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit