Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Freeware Finland scenery

13 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Besides EFHK from Aerosoft does anyone know of some other good airports for Finland.

How I wish the developer of Aerosoft EFHK would have carried on developing more products and an overhauled version of EFHK fully compatible with P3Dv4.

IMO the developer of EFHK was in the same league as the very best out there such as Jo and FT.

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

How I wish the developer of Aerosoft EFHK would have carried on developing more products and an overhauled version of EFHK fully compatible with P3Dv4.

IMO the developer of EFHK was in the same league as the very best out there such as Jo and FT.

EFHK works perfectly in P3D v4.1.

BUT...

You need the patch from -

http://forum.simmershome.de/shop/index.php/Product/59-P3D-v4-Interimpatch-Antalya-Helsinki/

If you don’t speak and read German, be prepared to spend an afternoon on Google translator as you need to join the site, and then follow a process to “buy” for free the patch... and it’s all in German and you have to wait for links and verification.

However, once your in, and you get the patch, the scenery, lights and all, works superb.

What annoys me is when you look at the patch and how simple it was to make EFHK v4 compatible is why Aerosoft did not do it themselves months ago. 

Yes, the airport is a bit out of date now... but...

Regards,

Mark

• Upvote 1

Since I last did a complete reinstall of P3D I decided to only use products with official support for P3Dv4.

Thanks for the tip though! 

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

EFHK for me looks beautiful. The winter textures on the tarmac and surrounding areas. Maybe i'ts a nightlighting thing which I haven't noticed but everything seems to be working.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On 12/28/2017 at 10:39 AM, Lenny777 said:

EFHK for me looks beautiful. The winter textures on the tarmac and surrounding areas. Maybe i'ts a nightlighting thing which I haven't noticed but everything seems to be working.

I installed the patch from simmershome.de. EFHK mostly works, but with nasty stuttering and the blue taxi edge lights have black boxes around them at night. Are you not seeing that?

For a free patch it's better than nothing, but it seems like a shame for such a beautiful scenery (and it's really held up well over the years!) to be marred by these flaws...

James

6 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I installed the patch from simmershome.de. EFHK mostly works, but with nasty stuttering and the blue taxi edge lights have black boxes around them at night. Are you not seeing that?

For a free patch it's better than nothing, but it seems like a shame for such a beautiful scenery (and it's really held up well over the years!) to be marred by these flaws...

James

I haven't installed the patch. I have not noticed any issues which is why I have just left as is. Maybe reinstall it back in P3Dv4.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

thanks, Lenny. Well, I just found on the simmershome forum at http://forum.simmershome.de/index.php/Thread/524-AS-Helsinki-Taxiwaylichter-sind-schwarz/ that the black taxi edge light effects are a known issue with the original files from Aerosoft, that can be "fixed" by disabling two "taxiedgehalo" bgls in the Scenery folder. You loose the "glow" but also the black boxes.

James