Sign in to follow this  
jimst57

Several Problems with 2.4.0.2_x64

I'm having several problems which I did not have before.

First one:

1. Open Pilot2ATC and connect to sim

2. Click IFR

3. Enter waypoint KPVD

4. Enter waypoint KMVY

5. Click Auto Plan

The "blue spinning wheel" appears and nothing happens. And yes I did wait a while.

Second One:

When I click on ?+ it used to give me the option to fill in values......now it doesn't.

I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall and I still get these errors.

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, jimst57 said:

When I click on ?+ it used to give me the option to fill in values......now it doesn't.

I might know this one! It surprises me sometimes - you need to tune the COM radio to a local frequency - usually the clearance delivery one, I suspect. Otherwise you get nothing. It would be nice if there was some message to this effect as I have been on the point of submitting a bug report for it myself.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

8 minutes ago, kneighbour said:

I might know this one! It surprises me sometimes - you need to tune the COM radio to a local frequency - usually the clearance delivery one, I suspect. Otherwise you get nothing. It would be nice if there was some message to this effect as I have been on the point of submitting a bug report for it myself.

Nope. I did that.

But Thanks.

I have been seeing some extended times.  Please do everything up to Autoplan.  Instead of autoplan I would like you to try click the WX button to bring up the weather for your departure.  I use NOAA and I sometimes see the blue cirle for the first attempt.  Once you have the weather displayed or not if this is the problem try SIM or NOAA and repeat.  I am assuming your using X-plane.

When you get the weather now try autoplan.  Autoplan is dependant on the weather information to make a decision about runways to choose for departure/arrival.

I hope this works.  I have no experience with ?+ but i can't find a way to enter value either.

5 minutes ago, JeB1952 said:

I have no experience with ?+ but i can't find a way to enter value either.

You need to "stretch" the  ?+ window to the right.Then you will see it.Took me awhile to figure that one out.

I stretched it maximum for my screen and I still can't find anywhere to enter values.  Not knowing which box they might appear.  Black left, grey middle or  dark grey.

30 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

You need to "stretch" the  ?+ window to the right.Then you will see it.Took me awhile to figure that one out.

Yes I know how to use the ?+ box. As I said in the first post, I wasn't having these problems before.

I'm going to try the suggestion above about the WX.

If that doesn't work I'm going to try it with P3D to see if the problems are connected with X-Plane.

Ok I have tried a few things.

The Auto Plan problem IS related to the weather. As long as I get the weather first, and that may involve switching from SIM to NOAA as source, all is good. So that is solved.

BUT..........there definitely is something wrong with the ?+ box. The middle section is blank gray in both X-Plane and P3Dv4.1.

It wasn't like this before, you were able to fill in certain variables as needed. It's not useable this way. 

I see nothing but a grey middle box as well.  I used the upgrade installation?

I get the grey box a lot of the time as well. Sometimes I don't - about 50:50. Even if it DOES appear, I cannot file a flight plan. There is also no weather. I tried both from Sim and from NOAA. Actually - NOAA did actually come in after some minutes. Pretty hopeless as it is, so will see if I can rollback to 2.4.0.0

Rolled back to 2.4.0.0 and all working again

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+