Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Milviz 30% off Christmas Eve to Boxing Day

30% off their products, Christmas Eve to Boxing Day.

Edited by Milton Waddams

Hmmmm looks like the Otter will be on sale but so is Just Flight’s...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm takin' my chances on Milviz Otter.

I'm a bit nervous as the beaver just doesn't behave well on my setup for some reason.

Ciao!

Even with 30% off, Milviz aircraft are too expensive for me unfortunately. I can swear they were cheaper some time ago and must have bumped up all the base prices recently. Fortunately there are lots of other good deals going around.

• Upvote 3

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

23 hours ago, rooitou said:

Even with 30% off, Milviz aircraft are too expensive for me unfortunately. I can swear they were cheaper some time ago and must have bumped up all the base prices recently. Fortunately there are lots of other good deals going around.

They had 35% sales and 24h flash sales with 50% in the past, maybe you remember those prices?

Everything else seems to be the usual price for Milviz products, which is slightly higher than many others and slightly lower than some others. I think they have the right price tag for the quality they offer.

They are a bit steep price-wise, but they are undeniably among the better add-ons you can get, certainly their Huey is well worth having if you like choppers.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 hours ago, Chock said:

They are a bit steep price-wise, but they are undeniably among the better add-ons you can get, certainly their Huey is well worth having if you like choppers.

I've got their older Huey which I bought for $19 in Oct 2015, that to me was good value. I think they did offer some minuscule discount to "upgrade" to their new model, but it wasn't worth it for me, because the price had jumped so substantially. Even now, with the 30% discount, the price for the Huey comes to $28.

Compare that to $26 for the DCS World UH-1H Huey which is currently on sale (on Steam and DCS website) and it looks even worse value. The DCS World Huey is in a different league; offers missions, campaigns, better flight model, better sounds and visuals and native VR.

FSX/P3D developers are not offering value anymore, but that is just my opinion of course.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

6 minutes ago, rooitou said:

I've got their older Huey which I bought for $19 in Oct 2015, that to me was good value. I think they did offer some minuscule discount to "upgrade" to their new model, but it wasn't worth it for me, because the price had jumped so substantially. Even now, with the 30% discount, the price for the Huey comes to $28.

Compare that to $26 for the DCS World UH-1H Huey which is currently on sale (on Steam and DCS website) and it looks even worse value. The DCS World Huey is in a different league; offers missions, campaigns, better flight model, better sounds and visuals and native VR.

FSX/P3D developers are not offering value anymore, but that is just my opinion of course.

Yup, I'd agree that the DCS Huey is better, I've got it, but not too many people on Avsim seem to use DCS and of the MILVIZ stuff, it is one of their better ones.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Yup, I'd agree that the DCS Huey is better, I've got it, but not too many people on Avsim seem to use DCS and of the MILVIZ stuff, it is one of their better ones.

Yes, you're right. People here wouldn't know or use DCS, which is why the likes of Milviz get away with those prices. I try as far as possible to stick to civilian aircraft in FSX/P3D, as they simply cannot model or offer all the features, that military flight sims can, for the combat aircraft. I will have to take your word for the latest Milviz Huey as I'm not prepared to pay that price. The old one was actually very good, but it is restricted to FSX. Fortunately I can jump into DCS World for my Huey "fix", but I much prefer the fast jets. Got myself the Mirage 2000 a few days ago and it is incredible!