Sign in to follow this  
Goalie70

PMDG C Series and MAX on horizon????

6 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I certainly hope PMDG doesn't plan on charging folks for this "upgrade", but I won't be surprised at all if they do.

I also hope PMDG starts working for free now :-)

• Upvote 2

Bombardier has been bought by Airbus so it's not going to happen,  PMDG will stick with Boeing and there is plenty of room to fix and develop further.

The first release is the 748 then 737 MAX then 77X and maybe a fancy aircraft like it happen with DC6 but we will see first the old Jetstream J41.

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

I also hope PMDG starts working for free now :-)

I have a dream, that one day LoL

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbio said:

Bombardier has been bought by Airbus so it's not going to happen,  PMDG will stick with Boeing and there is plenty of room to fix and develop further.

Perfectly said. So no more C-Series wishes because it’s not going to happen. But of course there will be those that keep on hoping.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I certainly hope PMDG doesn't plan on charging folks for this "upgrade", but I won't be surprised at all if they do.

You're kidding, right? :blink:

To be honest, I think you can be certain that they'll charge (and rightfully so, IMO). Also, I have a feeling, that a new 737 MAX won't be an upgrade, but a whole new product series. 

This is just guessing for my part of course... but I certainly don't expect them to develop this for free!

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, simbio said:

Airbus only bought (the majority of) the C Series Program. Not Bombardier itself. 

38 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

You're kidding, right? :blink:

To be honest, I think you can be certain that they'll charge (and rightfully so, IMO). Also, I have a feeling, that a new 737 MAX won't be an upgrade, but a whole new product series. 

This is just guessing for my part of course... but I certainly don't expect them to develop this for free!

This.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

2 hours ago, simbio said:

The first release is the 748 then 737 MAX then 77X and maybe a fancy aircraft like it happen with DC6 but we will see first the old Jetstream J41.

I have a dream, that one day LoL

77X is not even flying irl yet, so a sim version is extremely far off. I’d out my money on a 787 after the Max due to the Max having a lot of the same tech as the 787 and the -8 having a variant of one of the engine options available. That should keep them busy for a while.

I really don’t get iFly either. It seems that every project PMDG announces, iFly aren’t too far behind in announcing theirs. No offense to them, but they aren’t really competitors with PMDG. Like Aerosoft to FSLabs.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Airbus only bought (the majority of) the C Series Program. Not Bombardier itself. 

Is irrelevant, either way developers have to pay royalties to Boeing and Airbus to be licensed to develop and sell any of their products for any simulator.

Bombardier is now part of Airbus and I imagine will follow suit.

Simbol 

6 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Wondering out loud: Is there any evidence of an updated NGX? Would this break the ice of the no upgrades policy? I find it unlikely, speaking for myself, that I would re-buy the NGX just for some cosmetic and performance upgrades... Do you think they'll do another classic in the near term?

No evidence that it would. As for the Classic, I doubt it. Maybe someone will buy QualityWings attempt and finish it. The NGX v3 won’t just be minor upgrades. The Max isn’t just going to be an expansion pack to the current NGX, it’s going to be a whole new product. Like their 747v3 is to their 747 v2. If they do in fact plan to revamp the entire NGX line, then we should expect it to blow the current one out of the water in almost every way. From performance (fps) to graphics, to features, to system simulation. It’ll all be improved in the Max.

I stand corrected regarding the new cockpit displays on the 737 Max.  That still doesn't change my opinion, i.e. I'd much prefer to see PMDG develop the C Series or a 767.

Considering the new cockpit displays, I can understand if PMDG charges a reasonable fee for the Max, but I won't be surprised if they make it a brand new product and charge full freight like they shamelessly did with the P3D upgrades.

I find many of your comments amusing so please keep them coming.  I love hearing from devoted fans of developers who will defend them no matter what they do.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

4 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

charge full freight like they shamelessly did with the P3D upgrades.

*SIGH*

Not this argument/complaint again... :mellow:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

28 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I really don’t get iFly either. It seems that every project PMDG announces, iFly aren’t too far behind in announcing theirs. No offense to them, but they aren’t really competitors with PMDG. Like Aerosoft to FSLabs.

You do realise iFly's FSX 737NG and their P3D one was released before the PMDG one, don't you? And if it makes sense for PMDG to create 737 MAX because they've done much of their development work for an NG, then the same is also true for iFly and anyone else who makes one, which is doubtless why Ariane are doing one too.

More to the point, PMDG have not announced they are doing a MAX, they've just hinted at it, not that they really needed to, since it was obvious they'd make one for the aforementioned reasons, just as it is obvious they'll be making a 787. But is anyone going to say they are copying Quality Wings in doing so? Nope, it just makes sense for them to do so since they've done a lot of the development work necessary to make it a no-brainer.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

43 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I stand corrected regarding the new cockpit displays on the 737 Max.  That still doesn't change my opinion, i.e. I'd much prefer to see PMDG develop the C Series or a 767.

Considering the new cockpit displays, I can understand if PMDG charges a reasonable fee for the Max, but I won't be surprised if they make it a brand new product and charge full freight like they shamelessly did with the P3D upgrades.

I find many of your comments amusing so please keep them coming.  I love hearing from devoted fans of developers who will defend them no matter what they do.

Dave

Funny how you would rather see PMDG develope a C-Series or a 767 but if it's not what you want than you complain about price and the devoted fans.  

You - Its not what I want so PMDG over charges and your a bunch of fan boys, hahahahaha. 

From looking at your past post you have a tendency of bash developers if it doesn't fit your agenda.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

39 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

No offense to them, but they aren’t really competitors with PMDG.

I am guessing you've never flown an iFly product.