Sign in to follow this  
maksim952

Scenery export problem

Hello, 

I just installed Addon Organizer v1.24 and when I click on export library to scenery.cfg I get an unhandled exception. After that, all scenery entries are removed from my scenery.cfg. I am using Prepar3D v4.1. p3d, installation, and addon organizer all run as admin. Tried multiple re-installs without luck. All previous version worked well. Exception:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.SceneryElement.ExportToSceneryCfg(StreamWriter writer, Int32 index)
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.SceneryExporter.bExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2600.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
P3DV4AddonOrganizer
    Assembly Version: 0.95.6543.33752
    Win32 Version: 0.95.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/mp952.DESKTOP-06QQE2S/Documents/Prepar3D%20v4%20Add-ons/Lorby-SI%20AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4/P3DV4AddonOrganizer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2600.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

What can the problem be? Any way I can find v1.22?

Thanks a lot!

Maksim

Hi,

I just tried it on my end with no issue at all. I doubt that this is version dependent, nothing has been changed in this export feature for a long time.

It would seem that you may have a broken configuration somewhere? For example, entries in the scenery.cfg that don't have either "Local" or "Remote" paths?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I am not sure what exactly does this mean..

My last actions were uninstalling LatinVFR KMIA V3, installing LatinVFR KMIA V4, and installing Berlin Tegel Pro and Heathrow Pro.

On the first time I launched Prepar3D after that it said that KMIA V3 is missing and asked if I want to unload it. 

I'm not sure how do I upload files here so I created a shared link for scenery.cfg https://1drv.ms/u/s!An74hfwYPOvihbZ_aWrcuYMrBzmqWQ

Thanks again

Maksim

The last entry in your scenery.cfg is causing the problem, it is completely broken:

[Miami_KMIA]
Active=FALSE

Compare it to the other scenery areas, and you will immediately see that it doesn't look anything like them. In case of the P4AO exception, it is the fact that the "Local=" part is missing entirely (which normally points to the place where the scenery files are).

Remove those two lines - but don't use Windows Notepad. Get "Notepad++" instead, it is freeware. Using Windows' own editor will screw up the character encoding of the file.

Nevertheless I will add a safeguard against this exception in the next version of P4AO, so that it ignores broken scenery configs.

Best regards

LORBY-SI