Sign in to follow this  
Nauman Sajid

Stuttering at external view!

Hi guys so i bought a new pc and with it got hands onto pmdg 777 and qw787. QW 787 works flawless and have been running on top at the moment, i get around 30 fps average in vc while fps reaches to 60 without any problem. If you're wondering here are my pc specs:

I5-2500k and yes overclocked it to 4.1Ghz

GTX 960 4GB 

8GB ram

And yes p3d has already been ruled out of my sim choice because of poor performance compared to fsx. Also i feel comfortable with fsx as i've been using it for around 5 years now.

Coming to the issue. PMDG 777 fascinated me on the first look however when i switch the view to external or wing, fps start getting a bit out of control. Continuous stuttering ruins the whole experience and forces me to stick with vc. And this is totally not the case with 787. I have done all necessary tweaking with cfg and nvidia inspector but still no luck with it. VC in pmdg 777 is as smooth as the 787's. Any help would be appreciated!

Were you flying in normal time or accelerated time? I have encountered a problem with stuttering in the external view with many aircraft when running in 2X accelerated time but not when running in normal time or strangely not when running in even faster 4X accelerated time! The stuttering however, as you say, is never present on the internal (VC) view which is perfectly smooth even when flying in 2X accelerated time. If stuttering is present I just avoid using the external view when in 2X accelerated time but I have no idea what causes it!

Bill

I was at normal time and just landed at YMML, as i changed view to wing a sudden fps drop and sttutering started to occour. Later doing another flight on the 777, i changed my view to wing and locked spot and found the same issue. I havent obseved this in other aircrafts.