Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Finally made the switch 100%

Hello to all,

I finally made the 100% switch from fs9 to P3D. I set myself up with a good starting point with P3D v4, ORBX vase pack and PMDG 747 along with fsuipc, the free version as well as fsrealwx.

Is there anything else that anyone would consider “mandatory” as a starting base to P3D, I don’t want to litter my son with add-one, but rather keep it simple and clean for a good flight experience.

Thanks 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

pta for visuals if you want.

Asca and AS2016, but seeing as you now use FSREALWX (never heard of it.. but WX means weather I thought? ;)) at least REX or something would be... nice?

Or ENVTEX if you prefer that (which I do).

But yeah, keeping it simple in this hobby isn't..simple

Victor Roos

Thanks, I’ll look into these,

Is there a tool to allow for panning in the VC using the mouse wheel, I used a flight 1 tool to do this in fs9, Almost feel like it’s neccesary.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi Gerry,

I just made a similar transition myself, binning FSX completely for P3Dv4. I'm using FSXWX (because AS16 requires a repurchase) and it seems good enough for now, I've no plans to purchase any paid for weather engine until it becomes clear what is happening with REX's new SkyForce.

One thing you should seriously consider is FreeMeshX (which is as the name implies, freeware).

Like you I'm also using ORBX FTX Global and would seriously recommend their OpenLC products for areas you are likely to visit often. Vector is a nice to have (it's mainly coastlines, roads and railways). I'm not so fussed about ORBX regions as they were very heavy on FSX (although OOM isn't a worry on P3Dv4) but I did get Scotland in their recent 40% off sale and it seems rather nice.

I've also owned REX4TD+SC since FSX and it does a nice job of improving "environmental textures" but do ensure you only purchase this when it's on sale. EnvTex is an alternative but I've never used it myself.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg