Greggy_D

30% off iFly 737NG and 747 at Flight 1

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the heads-up!

How is it? I know everyone is a fan of the PMDG version, but that is also 2-3 times more expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the liberty to copy a post from reddit:

iFly 737 NG was the first to implement an Active Sky Next radar. It was first to implement fail-operational autoland autopilot for catIIIb approaches. It also has windows that open in the cockpit for nice days on the tarmac.

It supports multiple types of legs including Arc to Fix which is required in some approaches and arrivals. It also includes full models of the:

600

700

700ER (for transoceanic flights)

800

900

900ER

BBJ

BBJ2

BBJ3

These models can be customized as well. Different panels. EFIS/ND or PDF/ND. Honeywell or Collins MCP. HUD or NO HUD. Short field performance package or not. You want winglets or no winglets. Which CFM56-7B engines do you want installed? Classic CRT MFDs or LCD? Automatic reduced thrust after takeoff? Integrated or standard standby flight displays? Takeoff bump thrust or no?

And it's cheaper. 

That is what I know that separates the two.

It's panel save function isn't as automatic as PMDGs.

As for the rest, I think both share the same functionality. Both have failures. Both have FS2Crew support. TOPCAT support. PFPX support. Navigraph support. I can't really think of anything systems that separates the two. I think PMDG has lateral route offset and RTA. I know the iFly does.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

I took the liberty to copy a post from reddit:

iFly 737 NG was the first to implement an Active Sky Next radar. It was first to implement fail-operational autoland autopilot for catIIIb approaches. It also has windows that open in the cockpit for nice days on the tarmac.

It supports multiple types of legs including Arc to Fix which is required in some approaches and arrivals. It also includes full models of the:

600

700

700ER (for transoceanic flights)

800

900

900ER

BBJ

BBJ2

BBJ3

These models can be customized as well. Different panels. EFIS/ND or PDF/ND. Honeywell or Collins MCP. HUD or NO HUD. Short field performance package or not. You want winglets or no winglets. Which CFM56-7B engines do you want installed? Classic CRT MFDs or LCD? Automatic reduced thrust after takeoff? Integrated or standard standby flight displays? Takeoff bump thrust or no?

And it's cheaper. 

That is what I know that separates the two.

It's panel save function isn't as automatic as PMDGs.

As for the rest, I think both share the same functionality. Both have failures. Both have FS2Crew support. TOPCAT support. PFPX support. Navigraph support. I can't really think of anything systems that separates the two. I think PMDG has lateral route offset and RTA. I know the iFly does.

 

 

Thanks, and the 747? Your original post mentioned 747.  I tried a quick Google search but comparison was scant. Also it looks like the iFly 747 only comes with passenger model.  I am a bit of a cargo enthusiast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the life of me I can only find full price on Flight1 website, no coupons.

The link results in blank page? For me?

Any other way to access the sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, randylb said:

For the life of me I can only find full price on Flight1 website, no coupons.

The link results in blank page? For me?

Any other way to access the sale?

Try downloading the zip file linked to by the OP, and then uploading the relevant coupon file before finalising the purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, longrangecruise said:

How is it? I know everyone is a fan of the PMDG version, but that is also 2-3 times more expensive.

I used the PMDG version of the 737 in FS9 and it was excellent and I am sure it is equally good in FSX. However as I would have had to pay the full price again to buy the FSX version and as the iFly 737 seemed to have excellent reviews, I decided to go for that instead and I have not been disappointed - it too is excellent! Not alone is it cheaper than the PMDG version, but you also get all variants (if you were to add the PMDG 737-600/700 expansion pack the total price is about double that of the iFly 737) and iFly, unlike PMDG, give a generous discount to existing owners if they want upgrade in the future to the P3Dv4 version.

Bill

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a no brainer if you have not got either the 737 NG or the 747-400, they are both excellent and well worth having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a no brainer if you have not got either the 737 NG or the 747-400, they are both excellent and well worth having.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a no brainer if you have not got either the 737 NG or the 747-400, they are both excellent and well worth having, and especially at this price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall complaints about poor frames with the first release of the 747, can owners confirm that issue was fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming in 2018 is a free update for 747-8i however, still nothing on supporting cargo version, which is currently the big no for me because I like to fly cargo.  If PMDG ever goes on sale *sighs*  anyway, it looks like I am sticking with the old PMDG 747 v2 for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, flibinite said:

I recall complaints about poor frames with the first release of the 747, can owners confirm that issue was fixed?

Never had any problems with frame rates on iFly stuff myself, although I did notice a further increase in FPS (even though it was already good) on the NG when they put out the hotfix to tackle some comments about performance from some users, thus it is something the iFly devs do care about. Anyhow, I absolutely can confirm that the 737 and 747 run great in P3D V4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U might want the F1 if you're looking for a sale. Those pmdg guys only seen to put stuff in sale 10 yrs after initial release... :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now