Sign in to follow this  
r_stopnicki

Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

Hello to all:

I was, unfortunately, unable to convince the excellent painters of liveries for PMDG airplanes, to paint one for a Lloyd Aereo Boliviano DC-6, that used to fly between the many high altitude airports in Bolivia and South America in the late 60's and early 70's.

So, what's a guy to do? Obviously, ask for help from his good friends Google and Youtube for tutorials on painting liveries!

After binging during 5-6 days of that, here are the final results, in my P3Dv4.1.

Landing on RWY 10 of SLLP, 13,300 ft ASL.

I also tried one that adds an extra window at the very end of the passenger cabin, as these airplanes had (they were bought from AA). Because I can't make that window transparent (apparently only PMDG can do that), the only way I could do it, is to close it permanenetly with a "curtain", as

advised by Leen de Jager, moderator of the AVSIM Painters forum .

I would love to post it on AVSIM, but, as this is my first (and likely last) paint, so I still have to refer to PMDG's instructions, Google and Youtube again, to learn how to do that.

In the meantime, to all, a happy Christmas, great holidays and a wonderful New Year!

Roberto

sc3zat.jpg

6i5oc9.jpg

• Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

1 hour ago, r_stopnicki said:

a Lloyd Aereo Boliviano DC-6,

I have a friend who flew those.  He can tell some great flying stories over a couple of cool ones about those days. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

4 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

I would love to post it on AVSIM, but, as this is my first (and likely last) paint, so I still have to refer to PMDG's instructions, Google and Youtube again, to learn how to do that.

It is very easy, use the AVSIM Library tab on the top of this page and log in.  The log in for forum and library are separate even if you use same user name and password. They have a few simple rules about uploading files:

https://library.avsim.net/help.html

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Dan!

I'll check that link.

I am just "brushing up" on the "creating a .ptp" part.

Many regards,

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada