Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else getting this message? *VIRUS*

Okay I got an email from someone (not sure if they are a member of AVSIM forums or just spamming?)Anyhow here's the email message:Return-path: TO: user@avsim.com(this email came to my registered email account with AVSIM)-------------------------------------Hello,First, Very Sorry for my bad English.Someone is sending your private e-mails on my address.It's probably an e-mail provider error!At time, I've got over 10 mails on my account, but the recipient are you.I have copied all the mail text in the windows text-editor for you & zipped then.Make sure, that this mails don't come in my mail-box again.bye--------------------------------------There is an attachement with this email that DOES have a virus in the zip, so if ANYONE else gets this message, DO NOT OPEN the zip file!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/113571.jpg

Yes, I got the message to. I went to "properties" and then "message source". I then posted part of the text then shown into Google and discovered it was a virus. Instantly deleted then from my sytem.Using "properties" and then "message source" can sometimes be a good way of checking e mails.

This is the MO for this specific virus--always they prey on tricking users into opening the attachment. In this case the user thinks "I didn't send no virus--what's this attachment he's claiming I sent?" and the user opens the virus.Many times these use spoofed return addresses and/or are even blasted out from an unsuspecting machine where malware is installed, making them very hard to trace even if you have full header info.-John

Guest rleiro

A couple of days ago I got the same in the inbox of Veneaviones. Given the case that you receive any messages from us asking to open any attached file, please discard the message inmmediately.Regards,

Not the exact same one, but dozens of similar ones arrive in my account every day.Most are taken care of by my blacklist, the rest by my other spamfilters.