Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

GTN Flight Plan Import Process ?

Hi Folks,

Exported a few flight plans from the latest version of Little NavMap into the latest version of the RXP GTN using the process outlined on page 9 of the RXP manual - the flight plan files are present in the "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN" folder... I followed the keystrokes described in the manual and the option to "import" a flight plan doesn't appear on the designated screen...

FPN/RI:F:KTEB:F:BREZY,N41095W074081.V39.CMK,N41168W073349:F:MERIT,N41229W073082:F:HFD,N41385W072328:F:PUT,N41573W071506:F:ENE,N43255W070368:F:KBHB

Also - this aircraft has a GNS as well - exported flight plan from LNM to this too - and I see on startup the GNS prompts to "import" flight plan - which I do - but said flight plan only shows the very first waypoint and nothing after...

Any ideas ??? 

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

OK - disregard the GNS part - I have that working... 

After import - you need to select the flight plan and activate it in the catalog...

GTN - still an issue for me...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

The "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN" path is for GTN trainer 6.41 only, just in case you are using 6.21.

Besides, this might be close to an issue which was reported on our X-Plane forum which is still eluding me:

You might want to review this and let us know if these suggestions helps? If positive, with more troubleshooting data it might prove easier for us to find out a fix, if any.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc,

Confirmed 6.41 being used in the RXP sim...

I tried placing an "a_" before the flight plan name - no joy...

The GNS does load the flight plan properly - only GTN affected...

Regards,
Scott

It might not specifically be 'a_' for you though. You might want to review the entire discussion and the progress reported in trying different approaches. You might also want to confirm the 'test' pack attached in the discussion is working or not.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc,

Just to confirm the process:

• Flight Plan
  • Menu
  • Catalog
  • Menu

2u5s8sz.jpg

Regards,
Scott

4 minutes ago, RXP said:

It might not specifically be 'a_' for you though. You might want to review the entire discussion and the progress reported in trying different approaches. You might also want to confirm the 'test' pack attached in the discussion is working or not.

Will do...

I did unzip your included test flight plan - and - copied to appropriate directory - no joy...

KSLE_KSLE.gfp

Regards,
Scott

The GTN and GNS use entirely different formats! With different file extensions.  They are not the same!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The GTN file spec is ".gfp". The gns is ".fpl"

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Scott,

I copied and pasted your KTEB-KBHB flight plan and saved as KTEB-KBHB.gfp. It works in my GTN.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

@scottb613 can you try manually overriding the path to the data files using the RXP environment var (see User's Manual p18). Typically:
GTNSIMDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN"

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the help - yeah - still have the F1 GTN installed - perhaps that's my issue...

I'm looking at page 18 - so do I run this at the command line or does it need to in  config file somewhere - command line doesn't work...

GTNSIMDATA="C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN"

Regards,

Scott

Either on p18 or the one before, there is a link to illustrated how to set an environment variable. It is a genuine and universal Windows feature, not a config/ini/fltsim one!

gotcha...

looking...

If this was UNIX - no problem - I'm not a Windows guy...

:wink:

Regards,
Scottt