Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

GTN Flight Plan Import Process ?

I've not much directions to give you for now, it might be an issue with the file system most likely, maybe your anti-virus playing tricks with innocent flight plan files?

I'd like to get to the bottom of it though because you're the second one reporting this. Not much on our customer base, but troubling enough for such a simple function that it might hide something deeper.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi and sorry for the delay,

There is a fix in the v2.4.14 we've just released this morning which shall help about this.

Besides, we've also updated the user's manual with an alternate way specifically for the FPLN folder which doesn't require moving the GTN data folder to someplace else, therefore, not requiring using environment variables either.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

A quick update on this:

NB: The test build is compatible with FltSim as well.

I had the same issue.  Solved I think.

I used Pilot2ATC to convert my flight plan to *.gfp file for import into my Reality XP GTN 750 plugin for x-plane 11.

The file was named KLIT-KTUL.gfp

The file was placed in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

I then went into x-plane, loaded the aircraft, opened the GTN-750 plugin, Flight plan / Menu / Catalog / Menu /

I got NO IMPORT BUTTON as I was told I would.

So...

I rebooted the flight sim (x-plane 11.33)

Then I tried it all over again...there was the Import button.

Moral of the story - rebooting of the flight sim did it for me.

Will update if things change.

Edited by RXP

1 hour ago, captflyby said:

I then went into x-plane, loaded the aircraft, opened the GTN-750 plugin, Flight plan / Menu / Catalog / Menu /

Did you realize you reported this in the FSX/P3D forum instead of the x-plane forum?

In FSX I merely needed to load a different airplane, then load the intended aircraft again.  And that only once up a time during some trial-and-error to get the .gfp files into the right place.  

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 5/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, captflyby said:

rebooted the flight sim (x-plane 11.33)

Then I tried it all over again...there was the Import button.

Moral of the story - rebooting of the flight sim did it for me.

Hi,

if you've created the FPLN folder the first time when the GTN was already loaded up and running, it wouldn't have had the chance to know about this.

The GTN scans and detects the presence (or absence) of this folder only during launch. Any change after this requires rebooting the device for it to discover the changes. I'm not sure whether it also requires rebooting the device when you add or delete a flight plan file or if the GTN re-scans the folder content.